How bout them Giants!!??
  Re: (...)
They beat my Cowboys. They have to be the best.(We beat them twice in the regular season)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by Old Bay ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
I wasn't really for either team, but I will say it was a very exciting and good Super Bowl game to watch for a change!
  Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by Old Bay ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Very exciting game! I don't really watch football very often, but I had to stay up for this one!

How did Trixee's BIL take the news, I wonder?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by luvnit (Very exciting game! ...)

It was a good game. I don't think I even saw many commercials I was impressed with. Maybe I just wasn't paying close attention...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by esgunn ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Wow, I didn't even care who won but I had to stay up until the end. It was great!

My favorite commercial was Hank, the percheron, being trained by the dalmation. Hilarious!
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by esgunn ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Poorly played game by two trumped up offences...great defense actually on both teams with only a couple of big plays that made a difference....

Erin, did you see the lizards dancing to "Thriller" in the energy water ad??? That was cute...I liked the horse training "Rocky style" too. Not quite the same as all of the big money ads of the late '80s and early to mid '90s. Wonder if it is the economy putting pressure on the companies doing the ads or if it is the writer's strike?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by firechef (Poorly played game b...)
I did. Those were probably my two favorites. I had forgotten about the lizzard one.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by firechef (Poorly played game b...)
That's the buzz in this neck of the woods, LJ, (according to the powers that be around here) they simply outplayed us

Lobster rolls were good, with lobster being $11.99# right now, darn well ought to be! as well as shrimp and lobster bisque. Tonight we'll finish our supper from last night, tenderloin w/a red wine reduction and thyme butter green beans.

What a disappointment, still, they only lost one game. ('course, it couldn't be the 3rd or 4th one but the Big One.)

Well, only 14 days to spring training

PJ

I liked the lizard commercial, didn't see all of them but the ones I did seemed not as good as usual. I'm glad I'm not alone. Maybe it is the strike....
PJ
  Re: Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by pjcooks (That's the buzz in t...)
Gotta give the Giants credit: they played well. Truly, the play of the game was Manning's escape from the pocket, and a superb pass and reception. Had that not made it, or had Manning been sacked, all the air would have gone out of the Giants' sails. Not the greatest Superbowl ever, but that single play made it a very good game.

As for the commercials: I only saw a few of them, and those were all after the fact, on this morning's news. That's because the Fox Sports channel we get here is a special, separate version for Latin America, complete with separate announcers (not just translating, but actually calling the play by play) and separate commercials. Thus, I missed all of that, but will be able to watch them on the web, later. According to this morning's news story, the advertising gurus consider Coke to be the commercial winner, this year, with the parade balloons' fighting over the Coke, only to lose it to Charlie Brown - who finally won SOMEthing. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How bout them Giants!!?? by labradors (Gotta give the Giant...)
three of the boringest quarters I've ever seen - finally came to life in the fourth. I was so torn about the winner, I'm such an Eli fan, but I've been behind the Pats for a while. So, guess I was happy either way.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com