ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES
  Re: (...)
Jean....OMG! This was sooo good! Good ole' Roberto. We had it for dinner tonight! The only problem I had with it was that I didn't think long enough when planning. I wish I had served this with steamed cabbage instead of salad! Next time! This is a staple at my house!

Not only is this sooo easy to prep, there is no "cooking" involved. It cooks itself! If you line your pan with foil, there's only one pot to clean...the one you boiled your sausage in, and I cleaned that before dinner! WOW!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES by Gourmet_Mom (Jean....OMG! This w...)
Is this in the new issue or one the other mags? Sounds impressive. We love cabbage too! I'll have to put that on my list.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES by luvnit (Is this in the new i...)
Here ya go Ms. Laura:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Roasted Sausage w/Onions, Peppers and Potatoes

Recipe By :Roberto - C2C
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Pork-Ham

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 red, green, and yellow bell peppers, cored -- chunked
4 large potatoes, washed -- chunked
2 large onions, peeled -- chunked
1 1/2 pounds Italian, Kielbassa, Chorizo, other sausage -- chunked
rosemary, thyme, oregano -- chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
olive oil

1. Combine all your cut vegetables in a large foil roasting pan and drizzle with a goodly amount of olive oil, season with salt and pepper. I add some crushed red pepper, a little of each herb and mix well. Cover with foil and bake in a 350F oven for an hour.
2. While the veggies cook, parboil your sausage in a little water in a covered pan for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. When the veggies are starting to get nice and soft, cut the sausage into nice size pieces and add to the roasting pan.
4. Cover and bake 3/4 to 1 hour, then uncover and roast under the broiler for a little while, stirring occasionally until the sausage is browning nicely and the veggies start to show signs of browning. Serve with grated cheese, bread and a salad, or raw vegetable antipost, or soup, or anything.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES by bjcotton (Here ya go Ms. Laura...)
Thanks Billy! I was downloading new software for a teaching tool and missed this. Sorry Laura! It's really good! Go easy on the EVOO!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Billy! I was...)
THANKS A LOT, BILLY - You posted that with NO reference to where it came from????????

this folks, is just one of the fabulous recipes from Share a Recipe CookBook!!! Still available to purhase.

I'm so glad you liked that one, it's certainly one of our favorites also, Daphne!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com