Say Hello to my little friend!
  Re: (...)
I have been wanting a smaller food processor to chop herbs and smaller quantities of things. I got a Cuisinart Mini-prep (Chrome and black). It just arrived! I will let you know how I like it. Does anyone have one of these???

I had a $25 Amazon Reward Certificate, and it was also on sale from $48 down to 29.95 plus free shipping so I got it for $4.95!

I probably should have got the brushed stainless, my fault. As with the chrome, I can already see my little fingerprints on it.

[Image: 41Z373TRNFL._AA280_.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Say Hello to my little friend! by luvnit (I have been wanting ...)
I have one and do like it. I don't think of using it as often as I should - the knife just seems easier. Come to think of it; it would have made more sense to use that one for the black olive vinaigrette than the big one. Doh!!!! I put it in the cupboard to make room for the G5. Dummy is stamped on my forehead.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I have a black and decker version that I have had for years. I think it has about a 1 cup capacity. It works great. But, mine is in the back of my cabinet, and I don't think of using it either. I also have a magic bullet that works good for those kind of things. I love that for making single smoothies and marinades.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Say Hello to my little friend! by esgunn (I have a black and d...)
I have a 14-cup Cuisinart and a hand-cranked one I got at the air and TOO many knives of various sizes and kinds, and an OXO chopper. Guess that ought to do.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I have that one and use it regularly to mince the 1 T of garlic called for in most C@H recipes as well as small quantities of herbs. It's in easy reach right next to the blender and big food processor. I also find that if the item is too far from the kitchen, I don't bother to get it out. Just moved my roaster and dutch ovens from an out-of-the-way closet to a new shelf unit in the laundry room near the kitchen. That gave me room to move some of the things in the back of my cupboards to the new shelf and it's easier to find my stuff and so I remember to use them more often.
  Re: Re: Say Hello to my little friend! by HomeCulinarian (I have that one and ...)
I have a small one, not cuisineart - krupps, in a cupboard handy enough to get to when needed. You'll enjoy it, I'll bet. Especially for that price
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Say Hello to my little friend! by cjs (I have a small one, ...)
I don't have a little one either. It would be nice, but I don't think I'd use it that often. Heck, I sometimes find myself using my knives even when my 14 cup would be easier. I really want to replace my stick blender, though. The ones I've had in the past came with a little bowl that worked like a mini food processor and loved it. Anybody know of a good one? The ones I've had before didn't last very long.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Say Hello to my little friend! by Gourmet_Mom (I don't have a littl...)
Quote:

The ones I've had in the past came with a little bowl that worked like a mini food processor and loved it. Anybody know of a good one? The ones I've had before didn't last very long.

I have one of those and forgot completely about it. I'll go downstairs and check the brand.

It's a Braun. I bought it to whip ff evaporated milk into fake cream for desserts and such. I'll have to put it on the counter so I remember to use it.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Say Hello to my little friend! by Corinne ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Cory, did your's come with a bowl too? I'll have to check the Braun out. Thanks! I sure do miss my little stick! I know Lidia says not to do it...it ruins the color, but it was so much easier to puree my marinara with my stick.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Say Hello to my little friend! by Gourmet_Mom (Cory, did your's com...)
Yes, it came with a little cup (like from a science class) that the braun fits in for optimum whipping/chopping.

Seems like it has several other pieces, too. Lol, I check it out more thoroughly in the morning. I'm heading off to bed in a second.
Cory

I am not the model.