Valentines Day :)
  Re: (...)
I am SOoooo excited!! Hubby just told me he made reservations at a very nice Italian restaurant we've been to before. But on this special night they will serve an authentic 4 course meal. I cannot wait!!! I have talked to others who have done this in years past at this establishment and loved it.

Now to figure out how to sneak in my camera
  Re: Valentines Day :) by DFen911 (I am SOoooo excited!...)
What fun! I wish I had that kind of establishment here! I guess I'm the chef that night, too...as usual. I can't wait to see your pics!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Valentines Day :) by DFen911 (I am SOoooo excited!...)
Good for you! My hubby suggested a Valentine dinner out and then seemed like I was to take it from there. I told him that would be really wonderful while also subtly letting him know that he needs to tend to the details of reservations and such. We'll see!
  Re: Re: Valentines Day :) by HomeCulinarian (Good for you! My hu...)
Denise, there is no restaurant I haven't taken a camera too - no one has ever minded. Anxious to see (and hear about) the dinner!

Our old friend, Don from Portland, is coming up for a cooking/eating/shopping 'fix' and is arriving late Thusday night, so whatever I do for dinner will have to be something that can be held over for him. (And, I'm going to try and be a little healthy about it... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Valentines Day :) by cjs (Denise, there is no ...)
I don't know what we'll do either. I guess I should put some thought in it and make reservations. Lol, that doesn't sound very romantic. Maybe I will make dinner at home and buy him some funny boxers - ooh la la!
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Valentines Day :) by Corinne (I don't know what we...)
Me and my big mouth! I told Bob that the "Soul of a New Cuisine" would be my Valentines present. A lovely dinner that we cook together, a bottle of champagne, and a lovely dinner from the cookbook will more than likely be the evening.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Valentines Day :) by Harborwitch (Me and my big mouth!...)
Oh Jean that sounds like a lot of fun!

Corrine, pictures..we want pictures of him modeling them

Harbor, I even told Derek the same thing I wanted to cook a really romantic dinner for the two of us. He felt bad because he couldn't participate. He so hates to cook I cook he cleans...which I love.

So what's your menu?
  Re: Re: Valentines Day :) by DFen911 (Oh Jean that sounds ...)
Ok we are back from dinner and unfortunately there was no way to take pictures. But allow me to describe our dinner. We had a choice from 4 different menus. I won't bore you with all the choices, lol, just with what we had. We had the 4 course dinner.

The first thing the bring out is a variety of breads with the oil and balsamic vinegar.

Next the waitress brought over a small plate with 2 red, heart shaped, lobster ravioli's with a light shrimp cream sauce. Very tasty!

Derek's Appetizer - Lobster Cannolli. This was a cold appetizer. Done in a crispy cannolli shell with diced lobster in a fennel cream sauce.

Mine - Truffle infused scallops. 2 pan seared scallops with a beautiful brown truffle sauce. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Derek Starter - Caesar Salad with fresh dressing, big shavings of Parmesean.

My starter - Spinach salad that was topped with slice pears, candied nuts and gorgonzola cheese.

Derek's Entree - Herb crusted Chilean sea bass, with duchess potatoes and butter sauted baby carrots. It was served with a puree made from the carrot tops. It was just beautiful to look at.

My entree - Filet mignon topped with crab and lobster sauce, with garlic/parmesean risotto and (not sure what it's called) but they took a 2" round mold and layered wilted spinach, sauteed mushrooms and roasted diced tomatoes with basil. So it was the perfect shape.

Dessert - We split the white chocolate shell that was filled with a custard and fresh berries, with a merlot chocolate drizzle.

Needless to say I am very full, and very happy

We so rarely indulge ourselves like this, but it was so worth it
  Re: Re: Valentines Day :) by DFen911 (Ok we are back from ...)
Sounds like a great evening of great food and great company...

Very happy for you and yours...we had "take and bake" pizzas. Holly did the cooking...I lived to tell abo
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Valentines Day :) by firechef (Sounds like a great ...)
Denise, sounds like you had a wonderful, romantic evening out. And well deserved, I would say. Great description of your meals. Now I'm hungry!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."