Sharon, Hit Me Over The Head, but...
  Re: (...)
This caught my eye - it's on the next page from the muffuletta finger sandwiches in the Holiday book -

Shrimp toasts
makes 28

Brush with melted Butter:
7 slices Texas toast-style bread, crusts removed

Mash; Stir in:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups cooked shrimp, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup scallions, sliced
Salt & cayenne to taste

Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.

Brush 1 side of each bread slice with butter; cut into quarters.

Mash cream cheese, yolks, and lemon juice together in a bowl with a fork till smooth.

Stir in shrimp, bell pepper, scallions, salt, and cayenne.
Moud about 1 T. shrimp mixture on each pieced of bread, then bake on the prepared baking sheet till puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.

Note: use a #100 scoop or a tablespoon to mound the shrimp on top of the buttered toasts.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sharon, Hit Me Over The Head, but... by cjs (This caught my eye -...)
I saw that one too, and thought it might be perfect for her wedding crowd - except I think she said no seafood or shellfish...Such a shame.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
You two are dangerous! I have GOT to try this!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sharon, Hit Me Over The Head, but... by Gourmet_Mom (You two are dangerou...)
(I put the book away... ) See ya'all tomorrow a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That sounds really really good too - but no seafood. . . . Although the bride is feeling badly that Bob's brother won't have one of his faves - shrimp.

I found my seriously over-stuffed 4" binder the other day and went through it this afternoon looking for some more ideas. Found one for little mini tostadas with guacamole and a little shrimp on top. I'm thinking a tray of those might be doable. The shrimp would be highly visible and the groom could eat a dump truck load of guacamole soooooo maybe she'll okay some.

I found lots of cool recipes - pulled out a pile that have to go to the front of the list. All those Bon Appetite's, Gourmet, etc. that I tore up - I sure wish I had them now. Oh well. Will have to resurrect some of the recipes and post the good ones.

Now the project for days with "nothing" to do is to scan all those recipes into Word documents and then putting them all in Mastercook. Sheesh - ought to take me until I'm 90!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Well, that's a coincidence, Jean, I saw this a couple of days ago and it sounded so good at the time.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/fo...imp06.html

Doesn't it?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Sharon, Hit Me Over The Head, but... by pjcooks (Well, that's a coinc...)
I saw that - well, I saw the title of the book, but didn't read the article or the recipe. sounds good. The curry is a nice addition.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sharon, Hit Me Over The Head, but... by pjcooks (Well, that's a coinc...)
Interesting. I am having a hard time "tasting" curry, smoked paprika and gruyere cheese... I just don't think of curry and cheese together. I don't really think of shrimp and cheese together either, unless it is cream cheese.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.