Off to Portland Again - Procedure info
  Re: (...)
I am going to be off and running to Portland again. Will be leaving in a couple of hours. Buddy is missing his cousins (Marilee's dogs) and the exercise he gets up there.

Also, received a call from the VA Hospital in Portland this morning. They want me to check into the hospital the evening of February 20th so they can do the procedure to remove my gall stones early on the 21st (Thursday). They said that if I had someone there after the procedure I could go home, barring any complications. Then, sometime after that they would have me come back in and remove my gall bladder. So, I will return home this Friday cause I have a Dr's appointment Monday the 18th, then return to Portland on Tuesday the 19th. I pretty much dislike that drive by now.

I am going to make Lorraine's Bavarian Apple Torte tomorrow and share it with the Truck Farmers.

I'll see y'all when I get to Portland.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by bjcotton (I am going to be off...)
Best wishes Billy! Hope that awful Pacific Northwest weather I have been seeing on the news doesn't get in your way.

That gall bladder stuff is almost always out patient now. My mother's husband had his removed a couple of months ago and was back at his hotel room a couple of hours later. It is amazing what they can do these days. Heres to a speedy recovery as well!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by bjcotton (I am going to be off...)
Best wishes to you Billy. We will be thinking of you! Good thing that Buddy will have some friends to play with. Try to enjoy the company while you are there.

Take it easy, here's to hoping everything goes smoothly!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by firechef (Best wishes Billy! ...)
Don't believe all you hear on the news weather, LJ - it's been nice around here for 2 or 3 days now - lots of sun, but lots of big clouds, so can't get much warmth for too long.

Good luck to ya, Billy J. Safe trip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Good luck Sweetie! Buddy's gettin' spoiled having playmates; good for him and you!

Get healthy and done with all this Doctor stuff - it's almost Spring and time to play! Hugs and kisses!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by cjs (Don't believe all yo...)
Heck I just saw a ***** that wrecked about 100 YEARS ago was found on a beach in Oregon. Now that is a sign that it has been windy...takes quite a bit of wind to move that much sand...no matter...drive safe and get well soon Billy!

Jean...send good weather eastward please!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by firechef (Heck I just saw a sh...)
Good Luck Billy! I hope you see the end of your troubles soon!

Hey, what's up with the torte and the truck farmers? You trying to work a bribe!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by Gourmet_Mom (Good Luck Billy! I ...)
Good luck on your travels and procedures, Billy.
  Re: Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by HomeCulinarian (Good luck on your tr...)
Yeah Daphne, and it works too! Every time I've fixed one of our dinners everyone here has been gone so I've fixed them for the truck farmers. Don't really need to bribe them, but they are always appreciative...really nice people. I made the Chicken Roulades with the Caesar salad, and the Tomato Concassé. They wanted to take me out to dinner somewhere nice and I told them I appreciated the thought, but would rather cook for them than to go out.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Off to Portland Again - Procedure info by bjcotton (Yeah Daphne, and it ...)
Billy, I can't imagine the excellent fresh produce you can get! I may have to try that out! Fresh bread, mushroom pork marsala, muffin meatloaf, chicken parm roulades, cheesecake.....HMMMM? Looks like I may have a new mission in life! If my garden fails again this year, I'VE GOT A PLAN! ROFLOL! Thanks for the heads up on this. I can't believe I didn't think of it myself...DOY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.