Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner???
  Re: (...)
Eating out of the freezer - pkg. of pulled pork for another round of sandwiches and cole slaw.

And you guys?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by cjs (Eating out of the fr...)
I'm marinating a flank steak in an asian-y sauce (soy sauce, chili paste, garlic, rice wine vinegar, ginger, sesame oil). My husband will grill it (I don't grill!). Steamed rice and steamed carrots on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by Trixxee (I'm marinating a fla...)
"grill it " - minute I saw this, I looked over to see where you were... not too many want to brave the elements to grill right now (we're lucky!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by cjs ("grill it " - minut...)
One of the few perks (and I mean few!) of living in So. Cal. is the winter weather. There aren't too many days you can't cook outside.
  Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by cjs (Eating out of the fr...)
We're planning to have the Bistro Beef with cheddar biscuits from Weeknights II.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by HomeCulinarian (We're planning to ha...)
Tonight is Stir Fried Beef Stew, Mango Couscous (?), Sweet Potato & Green Olive Salad, and possibly injeera.

I got my copy of the Samuelsson cookbook in the mail!!! Playing between that and the Moroccan cookbook for tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by Trixxee (I'm marinating a fla...)
Grill? What's that? Oh, yeah, that lump on my deck that's been covered by the hundred inches of snow this year Didn't catch it in time to keep it shoveled out, now it's iced in. Sounds like fun, though.

HC, I want to try that, too, let me know how it comes out. We're just having baked haddock, steamed veggies and whatever starch I can find.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by pjcooks (Grill? What's that?...)
I had to go to the doctor today...he thinks I've just got bronchitus (sp?), but did a chest x-ray to make sure it wasn't pneumonia. I don't feel THAT bad, but who knows.

I got to go to one of our "regular restaurants"...my doctor is still in Southport and hubby just took me along since he still works there. I saw the doc and William worked a little while until the rain sent them inside. I also got to go to a REAL grocery store....what fun! REAL produce!

For dinner I'm trying to decide between Jean's Satay or the rigatoni sirloin gorgonzola recipe someone posted the other day.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by Gourmet_Mom (I had to go to the d...)
Trixee, I remember sitting in the backyard picking tomatoes off the vine on Christmas day with the temp around 75 when I lived in San Diego...not up here though.

We're having a Chef's salad for supper tonight with a Boule of Sour Dough sliced with butter, garlic, and parmesan then under the broiler for a few. If I can get up the energy we'll have Lorraine's Bavarian Apple Torte for dessert.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Wednesday, the 13th, Dinner??? by bjcotton (Trixee, I remember s...)
Salsa Chicken - or that is my name for it anyway. We had bought some mild fresh style salsa this last weekend and didn't not like it very much. Just very bland - but we bought mild for the kids. So, I put red pepper strips, onion and orange pepper strips in the bottom of the crock pot, chicken breasts on top, seasoning and then the salsa. Cooked on high a few hours. Shredded chicken. Will serve over rice with cheese and sour cream, and corn on the side - a very orange/yellow dish, but oh well. I know my hubby won't be very excited about the dinner, but we have one sick kid, and it is just an easy night. He is never very excited about crockpot meals unless it is pulled pork, taco soup, or chicken curry.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.