Off topic but...
  Re: (...)
I get an email newsletter daily from the Culinary Institute of America as I am sure many get and it has a quote at the end of it everyday. I love these quotes and have had three of them as "signatures" on various forums. Today's is wonderful and I just wanted to share it with all of you as it gives me hope with my life at the cross-roads it is at now...

"Long shots do come in, and hard work, dedication and perseverance will overcome almost any prejudice and open almost any door."
--John H. Johnson, publisher

It is fitting and inspirational for me right now! and both fit here!

Sorry for being off topic but I just wanted to share with all my cyberfriends and cyberfamily!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Off topic but... by firechef (I get an email newsl...)
I always look seriously at what people choose to write at the bottom of their posts. It MUST mean something to those posting it, otherwise they wouldn't waste their time. Most of mine are not really serious which suits MY personality. Occasionally something serious slips by though.

I feel that what people post is a glimpse into their lives.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by bjcotton (I always look seriou...)
I remember a cute one you had on another forum Billy...something about not being here or something like that. It always brought a smile to my face when you'd finish a post.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by firechef (I remember a cute on...)
I think you are very insightful Billy. You are so tuned in to what others may feel. That is a gift.

Your favorite saying that you had was: "I'd be unstoppable, if I could just get started."

That one was so good and funny. I feel like that nearly every day of my life! I told my mom and she just howled... she's another one that has so many things she wants to do, but can't seem to get going.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by luvnit (I think you are very...)
Here is another one I really like...

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."--Carl Sagan

I touched on my current one in another thread...fits better than I thought.
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by firechef (Here is another one ...)
Cool! I love quotes, but I can never remember them! The same is true with jokes....I gave up years ago. Well, I think I was encouraged to stop trying...LOL! The one I have used recently....Keep your mind wide open actually comes from the movie, Bridge to Terabithia. I teach the book every year....one of my favorites, so when the new movie came out I took the kids. The movie is the closest ever to a book, except for this line (or one close to it...I told you) at the end of the movie.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by Gourmet_Mom (Cool! I love quotes...)
Here is a GREAT one for everyone and I must say I agree with the man with the same birthday as me...great minds think a like and have the same birthday after all it seems!

"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."--Thomas Jefferson, third U.S. president
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by firechef (Here is a GREAT one ...)
A politician, by definition would never say this--I did--and was run from office

"A representative of the people owes them not only his industry,
but his judgement, and he betrays them if he sacrifices it to their opinion"
Edmund Burke 1729-1797.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by firechef (I remember a cute on...)
Is it the one I just posted LG?

If I weren't here, I'd probably be somewhere else?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Off topic but... by bjcotton (Is it the one I just...)
Yes sir that is the one...I remember that one from when we first "met" on another forum...those were good times and so are these.