Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp
  Re: (...)
I have a recipe for Tequila Lime Shrimp [I think] at home that I've been wanting to make for a long time, but I'm not at home. Does anyone have a recipe like this they've made before? I hope.........
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp by bjcotton (I have a recipe for ...)
I have one that goes with linguine if that would help?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp by firechef (I have one that goes...)
Here's the one I use on linguine...it must be okay as it is the first meal I made for Holly a few years back!

It is from a member at www.allrecipes.com.

Tequila Shrimp

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings

"Jumbo shrimp sauteed in garlic, cilantro, and tequila Great over pasta, or enjoy with cocktail sauce."

INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
1/2 cup tequila
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until light brown. Place shrimp in the pan, and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Pour in tequila, and season with cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.

Hope it is something that helps Billy?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp by bjcotton (I have a recipe for ...)
Here is one from someone on this forum - Cis was this you? I have not made it, but I know the poster really liked it. I did copy it over to my MC.

Camarones Con Salsa Blanca
* Exported from MasterCook *

Camarones Con Salsa Blanca

Recipe By :farnfam
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Main DIsh

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Shrimp:
1 pkg frzn cooked Jumbo Shrimp -- defrost tails off
1 large red pepper -- roasted, peeled and sliced
1 large onion sliced
Lightly spray a pan with oil and sauté all
at med high heat for about 3-4 minutes.
Remove and keep warm
For the salsa:
1 T veg oil
1/2 onion diced
1 T minced garlic
2 T Cilantro
3 T tequila
1 sm can diced jalapeños
1/4 C Masa harina
1/2 C half and half
1 can chicken broth (you won't use it all)

Sauté onion, garlic and cilantro till slightly browned. Deglaze with
tequila. Stir in

jalapeños. Simmer a minute or two. Sprinkle on Masa and stir. Gradually
add half and

half and thicken. Add chicken broth to desired thickness or thiness. Put
shrimp mixture

back in and warm thru. Serve over lime and cilantro rice

BTW this serves 2 generously

S(Internet Address):
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Num
er=22584&an=0&page=0#Post22584"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp by firechef (I have one that goes...)
Surely LG, my sis and her family like rice and pasta so that would do just fine.

Thanks Erin, that looks good too!

Billy
  Re: Re: Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp by bjcotton (Surely LG, my sis an...)
Try this --just have a margarita on the side---
BROILED GARLIC AND LIME SHRIMP--Rbt del Grande.
2 lbs large shrimp in their shells
12 garlic cloves , peeled
1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, melted and kept warm
2 serrano chilis, seeded & minced
1/4 C cilantro
1 T fresh lime juice
Kosher salt
1. Slit each shrimp down the back thru the shell and remove the vein. Spread the shrimp open and flatten. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, shell side down.
2. In a saucepan, cover the garlic with water and simmer until softened, about 20 min. Add more water if necessary. Drain, let cool and finely chop.
3.In a bowl, combine the garlic, butter, serranos,, cilantro, and lime juice. Brush the shrimp with the butter mixture. Season with the salt.
4. Preheat the broiler. Broil the shrimp for 3 - 4 min, or just until they are cooked thru. Transfer shrimp to a serving platter- drizzel them with any remaining butter mixture--serve with lots of napkins!!!! "They don't need no tequila" Have it on the side.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp by Old Bay (Try this --just have...)
Sounds good but I can't do tequila in a drink. The smell of it makes me sick.

A "friend" got me physically sick on the stuff one night and I have not been able to drink anything other than beer and wine since then. I can cook with it but can't drink it...trust me I have tried.
  Re: Re: Recipe Please-Tequila Lime Shrimp by firechef (Sounds good but I ca...)
Thanks Bill, copied!

Billy