New Issue and New Book
  Re: (...)
Did anyone notice the new issue pictured on the home page? Looks good, Can't wait.

Also, did you see they have a new Special Publication Book? Cuisine Tonight - all time favortie weeknight menus...Another book to buy??? Chances are if they are favorites, There will be many I already have, but sometimes it is inspiring to see them in a different format, and easier to get your hands on. Oh, What to do?!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: New Issue and New Book by esgunn (Did anyone notice th...)
Erin, I "hate you"! ARRRGGG! New dilemma...buy this or a volume from past years to catch up!?!?!?!? GEEEZ! HELP!

Wait, it's only $9.95? HMMMMM? The menus in the promo look REALLY GOOD!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Issue and New Book by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, I "hate you"! ...)
Looks like a halfway decent collection in the upcoming issue: PiƱa Colada Granita, Moroccan Couscous, homemade chorizo, Curried Potato and Pea Samosas, Sesame-Crusted Pork Chops. I'll just stay away from the salmon and the mussels.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New Issue and New Book by labradors (Looks like a halfway...)
Sounds like another trip to Sam's Club is coming...if all goes well I will be working a couple of blocks from Sam's Club and I'll be able to afford to subscribe anyways...heck I'll be able to afford the books, back issues, and a trip to North Carolina even...know of any place nice there?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: New Issue and New Book by firechef (Sounds like another ...)
Quote:

...a trip to North Carolina even...know of any place nice there?

Go to Highlands, visit the Cullasaja Gorge, and go to Southeastern Expeditions to do some whitewater rafting on the Chattooga River (on the same section where the movie Deliverance was filmed). After the day's rafting, on your way back to NC, stop for dinner at The Dillard House, in Dillard, GA.

The Dillard House has no menu from which to order. Instead, your group just sits down at a table, and the wait staff fills up the table with one of everything: chicken, ham, chicken-fried steak, collard greens, fried okra, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, etc., etc., etc. Then, you just pass it all around, "family style." Periodically, they'll bring out refills of anything you like, until you have had enough, then they'll bring out blackberry cobbler with ice cream until you've REALLY filled up. It all has great taste and quality.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New Issue and New Book by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I was actually considering Gourmet_Mom's place to get the beating I deserve for picking on the poor lady...

Thanks for the advice though! I am looking at a fall trip "home" to the coast of Maine or to the Cape for a harbours and islands type of cruise...maybe a side trip to the CT River Valley of NH and VT and up into Quebec to visit family and to introduce Holly to the rest of the crazies I call family.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: New Issue and New Book by firechef (I was actually consi...)
LJ, you know you would be welcome...LOL...but expect that smack right after a great big hug! Wouldn't it be fun! If you ever do come south, you BETTER swing by!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Issue and New Book by Gourmet_Mom (LJ, you know you wou...)
My sister is in Kentucky now so I must be practically family...