Left Over Pork tenderloin Diced, Sauce, and Serve!
  Re: (...)
When pork tenderloin goes on sale. I usually pick up a couple packages. I have found it is one of the items I can prepare on the grill and then freeze individually for later use. They come back up to temperature nicely without drying out. I pulled one a few days back for the wife and I to
enjoy. However since we are now cognizant of portion control we had some of the pork left over. Since this Saturday was my day cooking lunch at the Grand Junction Catholic Outreach Soup Kitchen it was planned to use it for a quick dinner Saturday night. At the soup kitchen I taught many of the volunteers to make homemade pasta Saturday. We made Tomato, Spinach, and straight pastas! Since I made extra pasta for next weeks crew.... I grabbed up three nests to test at home and see how it came out. So what to
do with pasta.... leftover pork tenderloin?????
[Image: pasta.jpg]
[Image: pork.jpg]

Well how about a little two pot meal? I like sundried tomatoes and had some leftover sundried tomato pesto in the reefer. I have plenty of colored bell peppers around, looking around I also found onion, shallot, garlic
and a some artichoke quarters. So why not diced it up.... make a nice Pork and pepper in sundried tomato sauce with artichoke quarters, roasted to a finish? Served over pasta should work nicely.
[Image: bellpeppers.jpg]

So I sweat down some peppers, onion and shallot........
[Image: porkpep.jpg]

Dice the pork and add it along with a little basil, oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
[Image: tomatoprkpep.jpg]

Ready for the oven, I really like a nice roasted finish on this type of dish. While the pork dish is finishing up I get to work on the pasta.
[Image: patal.jpg]
[Image: triboil.jpg]

Then start it draining!
[Image: drainsteam.jpg]

Add in the artichokes when I am about five minutes from serving. Actually at home from eating!
[Image: artichoke.jpg]

Removed the sauce from the oven... add in the artichokes and return to oven.....I hate over cooked artichokes! Give it a few minute to steam and roast in the sauce. This gives you a little time to set up the pasta on the plates.
[Image: plate.jpg]

Normally I would twirl this up into nests on a plate. But this is home... so on the plate it goes sort of gathered up. Which allow the time for the artichoke to come up to temp and cook to a nice tender state.
[Image: roasted.jpg]

And then the plate is sauced. In case you are wondering on wine? I have been into contrasting lately as pairing is just gotten to main stream. So I put this earthy dish beside a nice Green apple, honeysuckle, melon nosed
Chardonnay from France. A no oak contact Louis Jadot, Macon Villages Chardonnay... 2006. (Basically a white Bourdeaux if grown in a different area.) And so we sauce and serve!
[Image: platesauce.jpg]

'til we talk again.... through the leftovers together with a regional influence! Sure tastes great!

Chef Bob Ballantyne
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Left Over Pork tenderloin Diced, Sauce, and Serve! by bbally (When pork tenderloin...)
You sure have a great hand at leftovers, Bob. I don't think my original meals are that good, nevermind leftovers!