Potato Chips
  Re: (...)
We just had so much fun!! Get out your Fry Grandaddy--I did use my mandoline to cut crincle cut med thick potato chips-- fry a batch, drain, then dump in a lunch bag with a paper towel in the bottom---
1st batch--add seasoned salt, powdered cumin and shake.
2nd batch--add seasoned salt and smoked Spanish paprika and shake.
3rd batch--add seasoned salt and vinegar--shake and eat quickly (does anybody know of a dry vinegar flavor seasoning?).
4th batch--add seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper and shake.
Any other ideas???
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Potato Chips by Old Bay (We just had so much ...)
You can use acetic acid food grade in the powder form.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
Well, I know you can purchase powered vinegar for making sushi. It's very cheap too. Check with a local Japanese Food Supply store or Japanese Restaurant. I bet they'd even be happy to part with some for you. I'll try to find a place online to get some.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Okay, my hubby is on vacation so I am trying to keep my online surfing to a minimum, but I couldn't resist this post. I found it at Spice Barn!

I guess they have regular vinegar too! That's good to know.

Here is the link: http://www.spicebarn.com/vinegar_powder.htm

An entire pound is just $6.29 and they say there are so many uses for it:

Quote:

Vinegar powder is formulated to be used as a flavor component in seasonings, rubs, marinades, barbecue sauces, gravies, salad dressings, dry mixes and in dietary supplements. It may be used in conjunction with white distilled vinegar.

Gosh your chips sound fantastic! I can't resist a great chip!
Laura
  Re: Re: Potato Chips by luvnit (Okay, my hubby is on...)
Great!! You really can find anything on the internet!! Thanks Lovnit.
  Re: Re: Potato Chips by Old Bay (Great!! You really c...)
Well, aren't you gonna be the talk of the town! Have your neighbors gotten a whiff yet? When the word gets out people will begin making pilgrimages to your doorstep.

Oh hey, have you seen these yet?? Chips seasoned with Old Bay! How cool is that! You really can find ANYTHING on the internet.

[Image: Herrs-OB.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: Potato Chips by luvnit (Well, aren't you gon...)
OMG--next time I will sprinkle on salt and my namesake!!! How about that? Excuse me someone is at the door-----just kidding--
  Re: Re: Potato Chips by Old Bay (OMG--next time I wil...)
Have you tried sweet potato chips... Love them!
  Re: Re: Potato Chips by HomeCulinarian (Have you tried sweet...)
I, do not like sweet potatoes (OMG, I'm from the South), but I wonder how they would be with the vinegar powder? Sweet and sour. I do love sweet potato pie--"If you ever taste that sweet potato sin--

You won't want punkin again"--. Only at Thanksgiving.
P.S. This is #700 and I still am not included with any kind of recognition other than "user"--I'm sensitive.Hello, hello, Brian? Is anybody there--does anybody care about the vulnerable, sensitive, crushed, needy, homeless (ok! too far), helpless "user in perpetuim", who so needs recognition---why Me?!!?
Why Am I singled out?!? I refuse to be paranoid!! But am I--maybe as result of the slight on this forum--aHaa--my plans are formulating--beware---such fun--
  Re: Re: Potato Chips by Old Bay (I, do not like sweet...)
Then you should get to make up your own category... What would it be? Hmmmm?