Rice Noodles vs Bean Threads
  Re: (...)
I know the difference. What I really want to know is can I sub the bean threads for the rice noodles or would I be better off going with the angel hair pasta for the Pad Thai? Or do I give up and hope I get a chance to try it at a restaurant some day? I do have a plan B for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Rice Noodles vs Bean Threads by Gourmet_Mom (I know the differenc...)
Here is a list of Asian noodles and their substitutes. The subs are listed at the end of the noodle explaination. Looks like bean threads can be substituted a lot. But I am not sure if I see your exact noodle here. Perhaps you can discern better than I. Not an Asian noodle expert.

Oh wait I see it... Here is the link: http://www.foodsubs.com/NoodlesRice.html
  Re: Re: Rice Noodles vs Bean Threads by luvnit (Here is a list of As...)
Thanks Laura. I went back to Cook's Thesaurus. I didn't read it right before. I see now, they are all rice noodles, just different varieties, and many list bean threads for subs! I came back to post an answer to my own question...and here you are with the answer from the same place! I feel better you didn't see it to begin with either...LOL! Thanks!

Guess it's Pad Thai tonight! (Does that sound like a jingle to anyone else but me?) We had the leftover clam chowder and linguini for lunch.....MMMMMM! So much better the next day! I'm freezing the leftover chowder for next weekend. There's enough to have as a side with my grouper for one of my birthday weekend dinners!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Rice Noodles vs Bean Threads by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Laura. I wen...)
interesting info.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rice Noodles vs Bean Threads by cjs (interesting info....)
Thanks for the link - great site. I love rice noodles
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!