Marinated Pork Tenderloin
  Re: (...)
Had this last night and what a nice flavor. Served with some fried rice. I sauteed mine, not broiled.

* Exported from MasterCook *

MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH VEGGIES WW
Serving Size : 6

2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 garlic clove -- minced
1 teaspoon ginger root -- minced
1 1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin -- thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil -- or vegetable oil
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup scallion -- sliced
1 cup carrots -- shredded
1 teaspoon cornstarch -- or Mochiko

Combine first 7 ingred. (teriyaki thru ginger root)
Add pork & turn to coat to marinade.
Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnite.

Preheat broiler. Arrange pork on rack on broiling pan; reserving marinade.
Broil till done to taste, ~5 min. on each side.

While pork is broiling, prepare veggies.
In 1-qt. saucepan heat oil, add mushrooms, scallions, & carrots & cook over med-hi heat, stirring occas. till mushrooms are lightly browned, ~5 min.

Add cornstarch to reserved marinade, stirring to dissolve; stir into veggie mixture. Bring mix to a boil; reduce heat to low & let simmer for 2 min.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by cjs (Had this last night ...)
Looks good Jean! I'm always looking for something different for pork. I'll have to give this one a try soon. Anything that goes with fried rice will be a winner here! Do I assume the WW in the title implies Weight Watchers?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by Gourmet_Mom (Looks good Jean! I'...)
Looks very familiar Jean...I know you didn't post it here but am I running into repeats of your recipes after 3 years?

Copied for later use just the same...

Daphne have you ever talked to my "sister" about WW?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by firechef (Looks very familiar ...)
LJ, are you insinuating I'm so old I'm beginning to repeat myself? Oh surely, not...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by cjs (LJ, are you insinuat...)
Oh Jean....I don't know if you're ever gonna live that one down...LOL! Speaking of...what do the letters CRS actually stand for anyway? I know I've got it, I just need to be able to explain to others what it is so they believe me when I say I've got a legitimate excuse for certain behaviours that seem to be occuring with alarming regularity lately!

LJ...Yea, I discussed this briefly with your "sis" a while back. Speaking of your "sis"...I think she's working WAY too hard.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Jean....I don't k...)
Hi, Daphne,

CRS is Can't Remember...well, Stuff. I had to ask, too!

Jean, this recipe is so familiar to me, if you didn't post this one previously, the one I got from you was close! (And it was good)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by pjcooks (Hi, Daphne,[br][br]C...)
LOL! Thanks PJ! The minute I saw it, I remembered. OMG! I just KNEW I'd seen that somewhere! Kinda bad when you can't remember what the acronym for Can't Remember "Shtuff" stands for...I've got it BAD!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Thanks PJ! Th...)
Oh you guys Be careful, CRS is catching...I drove to Portland and back without my wallet, had to have my sis give me gas money....I'd put it where I wouldn't forget it too!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by bjcotton (Oh you guys [img]/ub...)
geez, what a flakey group we are...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin by cjs (geez, what a flakey ...)
Don't feel bad Billy I have done that too.

No Jean I am not saying anything...I did say I thought I had seen it somewhere else I did not say YOU had posted it (of course if I saw it you must of posted it) so that is fine...I actually forgot to save the recipe AFTER I may or may not have picked on you.

I think we resemble that flakey group comment...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)