Dinner Tonight - Thursday?
  Re: (...)
I'm doing Roxanne's review dinner tonight - anxious to try it. Now, I'm off to see which wine we have that will go with the beef, crab and shrimp...yum!!

What are you all doing?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tonight - Thursday? by cjs (I'm doing Roxanne's ...)
I think we are having lemon chicken stir fry tonight. Haven't had anything like that in a while.
Ohh you are gonna love it! But I mean really, beef tenderloin, crab, shrimp... how CAN you go wrong!?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Thursday? by luvnit (Ohh you are gonna lo...)
I think a nice Pinot or a Chardonnay---South African, of course!!!

This is a GREAT dinner----done that, been there and have the whatever to prove it!!!!

Hope to have reviews on this---even though this may have been made before------please give your opinion!!!!??!!!

The ingredients, as Laura mentioned----are to die for!!!!

Forgot to mention dinner tonight was the Chinese chicken salad created by a chef from the San Francisco fire department----one of the favorites here---a bit of work but WORTH it! YUMMM!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Thursday? by Roxanne 21 (I think a nice Pinot...)
Isn't the review for your dinner due Monday, the 28th, roxanne??

And then it's on to Daphne?? Can't remmeber what she chose, will have to go look.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Thursday? by cjs (Isn't the review for...)
UHHHH---I thought it was the 25th??? (Monday of Feb) ---the 28th is Thursday----GEESH----Jean---you are getting me confused here---

BTW---we also have our book review on that day!!!

When is Daphne's birthday and what on earth was we s'posed to do for that---must have been posted on one of my MIA missions---PLEASE POST ASAP---gotta do it cause I love PARTIES!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Thursday? by Roxanne 21 (UHHHH---I thought it...)
Plan B: Found some fresh Opakapaka. I am so excited! I might make a macadamia crust for it or just do a lemon garlic butter type of thing. Yellow rice and some type of veggie as well.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Thursday? by Trixxee (Plan B: Found some ...)
I was planning on having the Chicken and Sausage Manicotti with fresh tomato salad, but Sharon got me side-tracked with her Sicilian Dinner. I'm still deciding. I'm doing Roxanne's dinner for my birthday dinner, Saturday night. Can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Thursday? by Gourmet_Mom (I was planning on ha...)
"UHHHH---I thought it was the 25th??? (Monday of Feb) ---the 28th is Thursday" - so, as Roy Rogers says, what's your point???? There was a Monday, the 28th in January...

We have so much going on in this the shortest month, that I'm really getting confused. O.K. is this right?

Roxanne's dinner review - due Monday, the 25th of Feb.
Book Review due Thursday, the 28th of Feb.
Daphne's dinner review - due March 10th???? (Daphne, what did you choose for your dinner?? )

-----

Just an aside to new folks, do we have your birthdays noted so you can participate in the dinner reviews??
www.achefsjourney.com
We had BLTs and soup (canned kind )Nice easy, fast dinner tonight.

Tomorrow we are going to have the fish tacos from issue #62 (April 2007). I can't wait!! This was such a huge hit in our house the last time I made this. I'm also going to make the coconut mango rice that they recommend as an accompaniment. The last time I made the rice the mango was a little hard, so I'm hoping that I can find one that is nice and ripe or maybe some frozen or canned mango??? I'll have to see what there is once I get to the store.
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]