First Report from Sharon & Bob
  Re: (...)
got an email from Sharon this a.m. - looks like things are moving right along.

"It looks like a picture postcard out there - it's snowing and just beautiful. Cold!!! But so pretty. In the morning we hit the grocery store and start getting our stuff together. There's no Costco close - an hour away, but there's a beautiful market just down the stret from the motel and about half way to Bob's sister's house."

Hope she keeps us posted on how things go....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: First Report from Sharon & Bob by cjs (got an email from Sh...)
Me too, I'm hoping she has time to call! I would love to have a chance to meet her in person, but she's probably going to be quite busy with the wedding and all. She's right, it is very pretty with the fresh snow, and just a bit chilly. Thanks for sharing your email, Jean.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: First Report from Sharon & Bob by Mare749 (Me too, I'm hoping s...)
She and Bob are great people Maryann, I hope you get to meet them too.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: First Report from Sharon & Bob by bjcotton (She and Bob are grea...)
Thanks for sharing that with us Jean. I am sooo anxious and excited for her! I can't wait to hear how things turn out.

Maryann, that would be so cool to meet up with them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: First Report from Sharon & Bob by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for sharing t...)
I was hoping to catch up with her sometime during her visit here, but a dear friend of ours died this morning, and tomorrow am we're off to CT for her funeral. I'm going to stay and visit with family in that area for about 3-1/2 weeks. I was going to go anyway, so I'll just be there early. So, I'll be off the boards pretty much till the 19th or so. I might check in from time to time if I can get some computer time. Be well, all.
  Re: Oh drat by lxxf (I was hoping to catc...)
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will pray for your and their welfare. It's a hard thing to endure.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Oh drat by bjcotton (I am so sorry to hea...)
Thanks, Billy. Keep your fingers crossed for my cousin who is also gravely ill. He has both Hodgkins and non-Hodgkins lymphoma. It's very difficult since the treatments are contra-indicated for each other. Hopefully, he'll pull through, although it's not looking promising at the moment.
  Re: Re: First Report from Sharon & Bob by Mare749 (Me too, I'm hoping s...)
Thank you Jean for posting that email. Internet has been flaky - was in the middle of a long post this AM and it bailed on me.

Maryann I'll give you a call after we get through this wedding. It would be fun if we could get together - or at least talk for a while.

Billy - we stopped at Penzey's (in Beechwood) on our way to Ashtabula from the airport - luckily Thursday is the only night they're open late. Kathy and Dawn (sister and daughter) had never heard of Penzey's! $40 later we were on our way home - could have bankrupted us in there!!!

Kathy hooked us up with a wonderful little motel room, all knotty pine walls and very cozy. She had a little refer put in the room and stocked it with water, milk, and orange juice. She filled a basket with grapes, pears, plums, cheese, crackers, cookies, coffee, and a bottle of wine (with corkscrew and wine glasses and coffee mugs). She also put a microwave and coffee maker in the room.

Today we got a bit of a late start. There was a lot of meeting and greeting to do. Then we had to go shopping. More about that later.

We started cooking at almost 5! There was a lot of knife work - no food processor! The blender had a hard time making pesto. But the torta is made and in the fridge, the muffaletta filling is done, the bacon is cooked off, and the eggs for the bruschetta are done. Due to a shortage of bowls, and equipment we had to give it up for tonight.

We're going to hit it early. Focaccia, meat loaves, mac & cheese, pigs in a blanket (:p), the corn salad, the bruschetta, and possibly bacon bleu cheese mini muffins should wind it up. Then we'll come back to the motel and get cleaned up. Whew! The wedding's at 5! We'll be doing the setup after that.

The only downer was that Jennifer called just as we were pulling into the motel parking lot yesterday - her Dad passed away yesterday. I feel so bad that I'm not there for her! I'll take the time to cry after this is all done. My heart is breaking for her - and I'll miss him (13 years together and we were still friends). Well time to browse a bit and head to bed.

Nite all!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: First Report from Sharon & Bob by Harborwitch (Thank you Jean for p...)
Oh, Sharon! I am sooo sorry! I know Jennifer will be fine. She has all our prayers to help her cope with her loss. You'll be there when she really needs you. Right now there is the whirlwind of arrangements, family, and gatherings with lots of family and friends around. Next week, when everything slows down, she'll be all by herself and she'll need you. That's when you'll be there.

It sounds like you have things well in control. I can't believe the big day is tomorrow! Good luck, stay focused, YOU'RE GONNA BE GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: First Report from Sharon & Bob by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Sharon! I am so...)
I just need everyone to get out of our way! I know we'll get it done - I just hope in time to get to the wedding!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!