We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos
  Re: (...)
Rye Stuffed Pork Chops w/ Apple-Thyme Pan Sauce CAH Vol 49, pg 25 (we substituted Calvados for the white wine, and fresh apples for the dried)--wonderful--don't overcook!
Parmesan zucchini--Vol 63, pg 22--just like it is written. Wonderful dinner--Jane is thru with her treatment and going thru reconstruction. She has a 7-9% chance of recurrence of her cancer--with further surgery or radiation it only goes to 4-6%.
She is ready to get on with her life!! Best to you all--Thanks for all the love--we had so much fun tonight--and will tomorrow.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos by Old Bay (Rye Stuffed Pork Cho...)
How very sweet. I have to admit cooking with others is a test of patience for me... I just need to go into it with the right attitude. With hubby. it can be very romantic ... even sensual... if I can only let go and let give!

You are obviously a Renaissance man and a romantic! Jane is a lucky girl. Best to you both!
  Re: Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos by HomeCulinarian (How very sweet. I h...)
What a wonderful experience. I know this must have been a special evening for you both! It sounds like you two are well on your way to a full recovery. What better way to move on than sharing the kitchen and good food.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wonderful news! I am so happy for the two of you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Bill and Jane - that is wonderful news. The dinner sounds wonderful!!! We've been looking at that pork recipe and drooling - will have to make that when we get home!

Congratulations!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos by Harborwitch (Bill and Jane - that...)
I am so proud of you both, so proud. Much love.
  Re: Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos by vannin (I am so proud of you...)
That is wonderful good Sir. A tender hug to both of you from my daughter and I as we cooked together for the first time in her 7 months of life last night...I hope it is something that the two of you get to share for many more meals to come as I get ready to bring up my very own "Little Chef" just like the movie...by the way hope you don't mind I ended up shedding a tear or two or three, okay I cried like a baby after reading your post and thinking about it all...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos by firechef (That is wonderful go...)
Whenever I post to you about your "Little Chef" I get really misty (as now)--the best to you all my friend.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos by Old Bay (Whenever I post to y...)
"She is ready to get on with her life!!" - and what a life you both will continue to have!! Now off to check out these dishes....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We cooked together--1st time in 6 mos by Old Bay (Whenever I post to y...)
That is wonderful news! I am sure it felt great. Thanks for sharing your moment with us all. That is very sweet of you.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura