Saturday Night's Dinner???
  Re: (...)
Have not the foggiest idea....have pizza dough in the freezer, have lamb, chix, beef, pork in freezer.....decisions, decisions, decisions. Guess I'll check out some old C@Hs and try something new.

(or come back pretty soon and see what you all are doing....)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by cjs (Have not the foggies...)
I stole this picture from someone else, but this is what we are having tonight. I like the pie plate she/he used. I wish I had one like that.

Spaghetti Pie!!
[Image: 100_2603.jpg]

I've got some cottage cheese I need to get rid of and some coupons for freebies that all go into spaghett pie. My son and my hubby LOVE this spaghetti pie.

I use spaghetti pie recipes to get rid of leftover bits in the fridge. It's always good with more veggies or meat varieties.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by luvnit (I stole this picture...)
I "had" a dish exactly like that. It got broken not long ago...ARRRGGGG! It was my favorite and DH grandmother's favorite. I cried as I tossed the broken pieces in the trash.

Oh, dinner....I'm doing Roxanne's dinner review.

(PSSST...Laura's cheating again! LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by Gourmet_Mom (I "had" a dish exact...)
Was that a little obvious? ( LOL ) Okay, you caught me! You didn't post what you are having for dinner though... Are you going out to dinner? Or are you having something special at home?

I changed my mind on dinner. I think we may have:

Pork Roulades filled with Fontina and Arugula served with Lemon Parmesan Pasta
Issue No. 57

I think I will do the Spaghetti Pie tomorrow.
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by luvnit (Was that a little ob...)
LOL! As the kids would say...BUSTED!

I did post what's for dinner...LOL! I'm doing Roxanne's review dinner for my birthday dinner! That's how I caught you...LOL!!! Hubby's at the butcher right now, picking up the steaks! I'll run to the store in a few and pick up the rest of the stuff I need. Oh, and I'm making CHOCOLATE-ESPRESSO LAVA CAKES WITH ESPRESSO WHIPPED CREAM for dessert...MMMMM!!!

We'll go out to dinner when we go to Charlotte Sunday or Monday. Hubby's got business, so I'm tagging along so I can go to some great food markets and get a special b'day dinner at a REAL fine dining establishment. We'll stay overnight and enjoy a night away from home. First time in a very long time.

BTW, if those roulades are anywhere near as good as the chicken, you will post a short review with the recipe, won't you? Please?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! As the kids wo...)
Quote:

I did post what's for dinner...LOL! I'm doing Roxanne's review dinner for my birthday dinner!

Guess you got me so flustered I missed it! LOL You are gonna have a great dinner.

Quote:

BTW, if those roulades are anywhere near as good as the chicken, you will post a short review with the recipe, won't you? Please?

Oh, yes! If it is worthy, I will post a review, photo (if possible) and recipe. It's in issue No. 57, June 2006.
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
finally decided - grilled honey-mustard pork cutlets, sweet potato fries (also grilled). Picked up beets, rutabaga and brussels sprouts at the farmer's market, so don't know which of these yet.

...and since it's Saturday, a W.W. ice cream bar for dessert.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by cjs (finally decided - gr...)
I've got the Guiness Pot Roast in the Oven - from issue 59. Going to make extra carrots and regular mashed potatoes to go with it.
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by HomeCulinarian (I've got the Guiness...)
Oh man, your house must smell sooooooo good!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Night's Dinner??? by cjs (Oh man, your house m...)
Did "prime rib style" 22 ounce Ribeye steaks with a garlic feta mashed potato and asparagus with homemade hollandaise sauce. Dessert was my kill ya in a heartbeat brownies with the pound and a half of Hershey's Chocolate Bars in between two layers of batter before baking.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)