Daphne's Trip - What To Buy?????
  Re: (...)
Daphne has such a nice thread going on re cameras, thot I'd start another for her trip and what WE all think she ought to purchase - nonrefrigerateables.....

Chutneys, unfamiliar jellies, sauces - these are so much fun to play with and most have email addreses on them now to be able to reorder when you find a jewel.

I also like to look for locally made goodies when we travel. Have loads of fun!!

What else?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Daphne's Trip - What To Buy????? by cjs (Daphne has such a ni...)
I brought home several bottles of different types of hot sauce from our last trip. Another time I bought bottles of vanilla from Barbados, but ended up tossing them on the advice of C2C. (Improper handling) Packages of seasonings and spices are always fun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Daphne's Trip - What To Buy????? by cjs (Daphne has such a ni...)
Well, someone said there was a market with fresh lamb. That sounds good to me. So does a microplane.

Are you taking a cooler with you?

There is a recipe in the Cuisine for Two that is called Gyro Chopped Salad with Lamb chops. My hubby wants to try this. It's really an open faced gyro with two frenched lamb chops. Lookin delish!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Daphne's Trip - What To Buy????? by luvnit (Well, someone said t...)
Hee hee, I have not ONE microplane, but three...a broad fine one, a broad coarse one, and a skinny fine one, plus a box grater, a coarse grater, and my mom's all in one with the wire handles on each end. If I looked real hard I could probably find a couple more...like my 14 cup Cuisinart.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Daphne's Trip - What To Buy????? by bjcotton (Hee hee, I have not ...)
Jean, what a cool thread. DH had to run OS back to school since he didn't think he'd make it to the shuttle stop in the morning. So I'm finishing up my planning and washing a few things for DH. Poor guy works outside so he has limited casual clothes. At least he has a suit for dinner. I've mapped out 3 markets to visit, our hotel(location chosen due to proximity to markets) and a possible restaurant.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm adding them to the list. I'm taking a cooler. Laura, that recipe is my choice for dinner review, so I'm thinking of picking up my lamb while there and fixing it Tuesday. I'm afraid we're going to look like the country mouse in the city as LJ teased me about...LOL! But who cares...I'm gonna ohhhh and aaahhhh to my heart's content! Taking the camera...which is now supposed to be working. I'll check here one more time before I leave to see if there's anything else. BTW, my dinner review will be late of course, but don't miss it. It's going to be a loo-loo!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Daphne's Trip - What To Buy????? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, what a cool th...)
Your review isn't until the 10th of March isn't it?? Roxanne's is tomorrow....geez, please don't tell me I've screwed this up.

And don't forget, no restaurant cares if you take pictures of the food!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Daphne's Trip - What To Buy????? by cjs (Your review isn't un...)
Oh, the review for the Greek lamb is the 10th, but if I can get some good fresh lamb while I'm away, I'll be having the dinner this week. I'm sorry. I confused the issue when mentioned both reviews in one post.

You see, I had Roxanne's dinner last night and wait til you hear! It's gonna be a humdinger of a review. But you'll have to wait until after my trip.

I am definitely taking the camera to dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.