Sunday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
The weather is still holding out, so I'm grilling pizza tonight - sausage and onion and I'll probably make it close to the one in issue #40, but I have my own sauce in the freezer.

Oh, that's the same issue that has the recipe for one of our favorite dinner reviews - the Indian-Style Stuffed Chix Breasts - oh my, that was tasty, back in May, '07

And the Poblano Corn Chowder - from 10/22/06 - love that soup. I think #40 is one of my favorite issues... geez, am I rambling this a.m.

what's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner? by cjs (The weather is still...)
Wow - all your ideas mentioned sound wonderful!

Well, this will be my third night of not cooking (unheard of!) - my husband and son went to a hockey game on Friday, I went to a Billy Joel concert last night and my husband and son are going to another hockey game at 5:00 today.

I may make a nice late lunch for us though - a recipe from the latest Bon Appetit - Greek style shrimp scampi.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Trixxee (Wow - all your ideas...)
I going out! Yippeee! Stay tuned, I'll post a review when we get back. BTW, if anyone knows anything about a restaurant called Capital Grille, I'd love to know...it's a possibility for dinner, but will check with the concierge (sp?) before I decide for sure.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I going out! Yippee...)
A little off topic for a moment....

Is this where you're going??

http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/Location...=Charlotte

Me - I'd do -

Classic Caviar
Some of the world’s most renowned caviar, perfectly chilled.

or
Cold Shellfish Platter
A melt-in-the-mouth, one-pound baby lobster, icy Gulf Coast jumbo shrimp and freshly shucked oysters bring the sweet flavor of sunny shores right to your table.

Lobster Bisque (if I took the caviar )
Lumps of the sweetest lobster are sautéed just to your liking and added to a luscious bisque. Dry Sack Sherry is drizzled over the delightful affair.

Chopped Salad
A combination of fresh seasonal vegetables, served on mixed
greens with housemade croutons and drizzled with olive vinaigrette.

The Grille's Signature Veal Chop
Fork tender and bursting with flavor. Our chop is expertly grilled and served Porterhouse style. A wondrous Roquefort butter sauce tops it off.

Truffle Fries
Golden fries tossed in shredded Grana Pandano, kosher salt
and white truffle oil.

Classic Creme Brulee
Tap through a crisp caramelized sugar crust to the creamiest of custards below to see why this remains a perennial favorite. (note: just to see if it's as good as mine!)

...and then call for the wheel barrow to wheel me out!! Even in my fantasy I'm stuffed!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I going out! Yippee...)
I have no idea what to do. I am deep cleaning the house today and tomorrow for the big breakfast on Thursday and then the 50th anniversary party on Sat. I'm pooped already.

I think I'm doing something simple like pasta tonight with a light cream sauce and salad.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by DFen911 (I have no idea what ...)
We're having chicken and stuffing w/ gravy, mashed potatos and asparagus. I can't tell you how good that sounds to me. Well, it's Amelia's favorite dinner and since they will be here to enjoy it with us, I'm elated.

She also wants Apple Cake - what's a Nana to do?

I apologize for not being very active. The flu kicked my tail! I'm feeling better now.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Corinne (We're having chicken...)
I have a meeting this evening, so Hubby's cooking. He's making Mediterranean Fish Stew from Low Fat Living Cookbook. It's very much like a cioppino. Serving with crusty whole wheat baguette and salad.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I have a meeting thi...)
Doing an applewood bacon wrapped beef tenderloin roast "stuffed" with garlic cloves along with baby red potatoes, baby carrots and asparagus with tarragon butter. Might do a dry rub of "Magic Dust" on the roast before applying the bacon?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)