Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review
  Re: (...)
Ok Jean I did this for breakfast this morning for a trial run before Thursday.

How dare you!!!

How dare you post something that yummy!! OMG it was just fantastic Mine a bit longer to cook as well. I plan to do a large on the day of the breakfast (9X13 pan).

For those that haven't done yet...get yer buns to the store for the ingredients.

I used a loaf of french bread that I let sit out overnight to "stale it" a bit. I'm think this would be great with a sourdough as well.

Huge hit! Thank you Recipe below -

4 eggs
2 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon plus more to sprinkle
1/8 teaspoon salt
7 slices firm white bread (crusts removed, cut into cubes)
1 large apple (peeled, cored and cubed)
2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (preferably Vermont)

Oven to 350. Butter an 8 inch square pan. In large bowl whisk eggs - add sugar, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and salt. Whisk again until sugar is dissolved. Add bread, apple and cheese and gently stir to combine. Put in buttered dish and bake 35 - 40 minutes until golden and set all the way through. Dust with additional cinnamon and serve warm with warmed New Hampshire Maple Syrup. Dust with confectioner sugar.
  Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by DFen911 (Ok Jean I did this f...)
I have been dying to make this. I'm just waiting for company to make a 'reservation'.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by Corinne (I have been dying to...)
Denise, I'm so glad you liked it - it's sure becoming a family favorite around here!! Good luck Thursday!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by cjs (Denise, I'm so glad ...)
I made it for the first time today. It's cooling, and smelling great. I'm thinking it would be a great breakfast dish. Take some sausages out of their casing, fry them, drain really well, and add to the bread mixture.

I used up all the ends of various buns,( soft, hard, panini) breads we had. What a great dish!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by Lorraine (I made it for the fi...)
I still have not added the sausge, but I have a huge pork shoulder defrosting to make sausage, so.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by cjs (I still have not add...)
I forgot to mention this my first bread pudding. I can see the posibilities now
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by DFen911 (I forgot to mention ...)
It is a great platform for both sweet and savoury applications and can be formed into any course except maybe a soup course of course...and no one can talk to a soup of course...sorry couldn't resist.

I love a good well made bread pudding and it can be used in so many ways. I can't wait to try this one.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by DFen911 (I forgot to mention ...)
I forgot to mention this my first bread pudding.

Have fun with it. There are soooo many posibilities for bread pudding. You just can't go wrong!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by DFen911 (Ok Jean I did this f...)
I think I mentioned this elsewhere, this was yummy! New England at its' best

Thanks again, Jean.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding Review by pjcooks (I think I mentioned ...)
you're welcome - we're all winners on this one.
www.achefsjourney.com