Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review
  Re: (...)
Ok these are in the new issue #68.

I cannot believe the word I am going to use. It's something I've never said about a recipe in C@H.

Yuck. We decided to not even save the leftovers but to let them go. I don't what it was, but somewhere the flavors go horribly wrong.

I was hoping it was me, but when hubby took a bit, very slowly chewed and looked at me with "why are you doing this to me" look I knew it was bad.

As for the cocktail on the back "Limoncello mint lemonade" we kinda changed it a bit using lemon flavored vodka We didn't have any limoncello. It's tasty but would probably taste better on a hot summer day.
  Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by DFen911 (Ok these are in the ...)
You make it so hard to wait for that issue to come...just subscribed today and it will be here in a few weeks they say.

Hot summer day? I would take a cold winter day in SoCal right now over the crap I got again today...spiked some coffee today and relaxed in front of the tv after falling while salting the walks and drive way. Used over 30 pounds of the stuff and have to shovel in the morning...

So the "Sesame Crusted Pork Chops" are not that good? Any idea where the flavours went wrong? Any ideas on what could fix it? These are the questions that run through my head when I have an experience like the one you describe here.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by firechef (You make it so hard ...)
Not a very auspicious start for this issue, eh Denise? That's too bad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by cjs (Not a very auspiciou...)
I just read the title of this and thought "yuck".
I'm glad you are honest and reported. Thanks for that!
"There is no love sincerer than the love of food".
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by maggiemoo (I just read the titl...)
This may sound strange,considering my geography, but not all things take to barbecue. I find the salmon on page 11 hard to think about.
You new subscribers--don't fret, issues like this are rare.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by Old Bay (This may sound stran...)
"don't fret, issues like this are rare." - rarer than the moderators being on site...

Not sure what you mean, Bill - the sauce? The salmon was pan roasted. But, I love doing my salmon on the grill - what turns you off about that method?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by cjs ("don't fret, issues ...)
I like the pan roasted part and grilling is wonderful--the BBQ coating just seems so strong for a rich salmon--I like to enjoy the natural flavor. Mild additions work for me.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by Old Bay (I like the pan roast...)
Have you tried the sauce or are you just basing the view on the ingredients in the recipe?

I love salmon with grilled or pan seared with Cajun and creole seasonings and sauces. I think "sweet" style bbq sauces would be awful on salmon but have not seen the sauce in question here so can not really comment...yet.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by Old Bay (I like the pan roast...)
Oh, I'm with you on that - except a friend got me hooked on a dish a few years ago, that is so darned good.

Salmon basted with a little BBQ sauce (hold on Bill) and then set on a mound of Mac and Cheese!! (O.K., now you can hurl... )

Believe it or not, it's so good!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Seasame Crusted Pork Chops - Review by cjs (Oh, I'm with you on ...)
I don't know if I could handle that...

Now hold on a second-I can almost see that with a very savory mac & cheese with large bread crumbs the very lightly basted salmon over the top. Yeah, I agree that could work. Not for everyone but if you take a moment it might just work.