Dinner Tuesday Night?
  Re: (...)
My turkey breast is finally thawed out, so will have roasted turkey and have no idea what else, but did pick up brussels sprouts, rutabaga and beets at the farmer's market last Saturday.

Didn't cook last night - had a movie/dinner date We saw Vantage Point (Wow, what an exhausting movie!) and then stopped at a little restaurant up the street. Had a great appy for dinner - sauteed calamari and linguicia in a wonderful, almost too rich sauce (with woderful rustice bread for dipping!). Roy had clams & mussels, so it was a seafood night. yum!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by cjs (My turkey breast is ...)
I did a mushroom meatloaf last night with parmesan in the loaves and a mushroom and parmesan cream sauce and some left over asparagus and a garlic butter sauce so tonight I am not sure...

How about chicken stuffed with spinach, some sliced provolone I have on a bed of bow tie pasta with the left over mushroom parmesan sauce I have from last night and maybe some of the baby red potatoes along the side? I am in hopes to do some shopping this weekend and get some of the stuff needed for some of the stuff I have seen and copied from here.

Where's the movie review? Holly and I went to one movie when "dating" and that was Flight Plan with Jodie Foster when it first came out before that I had not been in a movie theater since the second Batman installment came out with Danny DeVito as the Penguin...sad I know but we have sooo many dvds that we have not seen in the case we just can't justify the moola for a movie ticket...

Glad the restaurant was good. Was it your first trip there? Always like trying new places...too bad that everyone else I know is stuck in their ways and only goes to one or two places.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
It is smorgass-borgass (aka clean out the fridge) night at our home on Tuesday and probably Wednesday, too. Tomorrow is my book club night, so hubby and teenage daughter will scrounge or maybe she'll make chicken pot pie if she's not too tired from soccer workout. Choices are...

Guinness pot roast
Mediterranean Fish Stew
Texas-style Chili
Chicken thighs with roasted ratatouille & orzo
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by HomeCulinarian (It is smorgass-borga...)
Given the weather between here and there and that I-80 is still "travel not recommended" between here and there I guess I will have to stick with what I am planing even if your left overs sound so much better...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by firechef (Given the weather be...)
It was a good movie - almost too intense!
New restaurant? No, if you live in this little town for two years, you've hit everyone (ooops, take that back, there is still one I need to get to )

We go to the movies quite often now - sure didn't before we were retired, but now TIME IS OURS!!! That's a good thing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by cjs (It was a good movie ...)
" sure didn't before we were retired, but now TIME IS OURS! "

So, that's what I have to look forward to!

I'm home with a gimpy back, cold, flu. I have a small blade roast, so, when the cheap drugs kick in, I'll do something with it. Saw a nice recipe in The Marlboro Cookbook.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by Lorraine (" sure didn't before...)
Lorraine, I was wondering where you've been! Hope you feel better soon.

Tonight we're having a roasted pork loin, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, and I don't know what else just yet. Ron's kind of meal, meat and potatoes!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We're going to Houston late today for appointments Wed morning. On the way to the hotel we will stop at a little Italian place in Rice Village--love everything Italian.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by Old Bay (We're going to Houst...)
Unless I can come up with something more imaginative, it will be chicken soft tacos w/guacamole and pinto beans. I have everything I need so at least I don't have to go to the store. by 9:00 this morning I had already been to Target, Staples and the cleaners. I'm through running errands for the day - LOL!
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday Night? by Trixxee (Unless I can come up...)
We're having grilled lemon garlic fish w/mashed potatos, spinach and a salad.

My throat is really beginning to get scratchy and sore so all of this is contingent on how I feel around 6pm.
Cory

I am not the model.