Stuffed Peppers with Curried Beef
  Re: (...)
My hubby loves stuffed peppers and I love them best if they are sweet (red, yellow and orange). These turned out so good. The peppers were huge and were on sale for $1 each at the grocery store.

I made some Turmeric rice, which I found out is a cheap substitute for Saffron rice. Turmeric gives the rice a deep golden color and imparts a mild musk-like flavor.

Then I fried up some ground chuck, celery, onion garlic, curry. Added some canned tomatoes and the Turmeric rice back in. Viola!

Topped it with a little sharp cheddar and Italian parsley.

[Image: peppers.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Stuffed Peppers with Curried Beef by luvnit (My hubby loves stuff...)
See, this is what I love about these kinds of forums . . . I would never have thought about adding turmeric or curry to the rice! But I will the next time I do stuffed peppers! Although it probably won't stop the husband from dousing his with ketchup (which SSOO ticks me off!)

Pictures at 7 am are not fair, cause then it makes me hungry the rest of the day!
  Re: Re: Stuffed Peppers with Curried Beef by iBcookin (See, this is what I ...)
love stuffed pepper and don't really do them very often. Just makes me want to dip my finger in the melted cheese...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stuffed Peppers with Curried Beef by iBcookin (See, this is what I ...)
Quote:

I would never have thought about adding turmeric or curry to the rice!

Definitely add turmeric to the rice! Here, in Honduras, it is VERY common, and some people even call is azafrán (i.e. "saffron"), instead of cúrcuma (i.e. "turmeric").
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Stuffed Peppers with Curried Beef by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Laura, they look fabulous! I've been using a lot more turmeric lately, it's great in rice. We're still trying to get out stains from some of my aprons.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.