Meated Out???
  Re: (...)
Is anyone else meated out? I'm a die hard carnivour, but, I think I'm saturated. Im porked out (that's what happens when everyone has it on sale for 99 cents), beefed out ( cheap cuts of beeef on sale), chickened out (thighs and legs $1.00 lb). I've been craving salads, veggies, pasta, anything but meat! Spent $100.00 in groceries today, and not a piece of meat in sight!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Meated Out??? by Lorraine (Is anyone else meate...)
I know what you mean Lorraine. I get like this just before spring. I think it has something to do with the anticipation of spring and fresh garden veggies. At least it is for me. The only thing I bought yesterday was fruit, veggies, chicken and fish. I had no desire for anything heavier. The boys are going to have to get over it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Meated Out??? by Gourmet_Mom (I know what you mean...)
I was complaining to a neighbor yesterday as we unloaded $117.00 worth of groceries and not a piece of meat in the lot!! We had salad for dinner last night - so I guess we're right along with you Lorraine. I want FRESH!!! (I want summer)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meated Out??? by cjs (I was complaining to...)
I think it happens to a lot of us at this time of the year. We've had enough of the comfort foods and are ready for Spring and some fresh vegetables. I'm afraid it's a long way off yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Meated Out??? by cjs (I was complaining to...)
It takes about 35 years for me to get "meated out." When that happens, it takes about a week for me to get "veggied out." So, since I'm currently 46, neither should happen again for about 24 more years.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Meated Out??? by Lorraine (Is anyone else meate...)
When I get that way ( very seldom), I have eggplant parmasan with penne and marinara with a caprese salad. A nice chianti goes well--the Italians have a cure for everything!! Oh some garlic bread too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Meated Out??? by Old Bay (When I get that way ...)
That sounds like the perfect remedy. Thanks for a great idea for this week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Meated Out??? by Mare749 (That sounds like the...)
What's really strange is that I'm not even craving pasta. It does sound good though, Bill.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Meated Out??? by labradors (It takes about 35 ye...)
Quote:

It takes about 35 years for me to get "meated out." When that happens, it takes about a week for me to get "veggied out." So, since I'm currently 46, neither should happen again for about 24 more years.

LOL! I do get like that too. That's when I start incorporating shrimp and fish into the weekly menu. I'm really sick of chicken right now. And if I never see another pork tenderloin, that'd be ok. I'm sure I'll get over it but for now.............
  Re: Re: Meated Out??? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Last night was so simple - huge salad, shared a steak and some orzo with butter and asiago cheese. Figured we needed some roughage and some protein to get over this crap.

We ate so little on the trip - but what there was was rich. I'm just fooded out! Nothing sounds good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!