The Anniversay - Success!
  Re: (...)
Well the day started out cold and drizzly and unfortunately that didn't change. But it sure beats what we are having today which is very high winds.

I was literally cooking up to 3:45 and the party started at 4pm. But we planned on serving the food at 4:45 so I was good. Lucky for me I live about 9 houses away from my sisters house.

On Friday I had prepped a lot of food. My poor fridge was stuffed.
[Image: FridgeOverload.jpg]

For the meatballs I decied to make a marinara sauce and serve crisyp mini garlic crostini's.
[Image: MarinaraSauce.jpg]
[Image: GarlicBaquettes.jpg]

Then it was time for the meatballs. For 2 weeks I was making meatballs

[Image: Meatballs.jpg]

I also did sweet and spicy shrimp and holy cow they went fast.

[Image: SweetandSpicyShrimpPlatter.jpg]

I also did several cheese trays, with hard cheese, brie and medium cheese. Also 8 lbs of red and green grapes were trimmed for service.

[Image: P1013082.jpg]

I think on that table you can also see the stuffed cherry tomaotes and deviled egges.

We also had meat trays and were just starting to put out the chicken teriyaki skewers and meatballs.

[Image: P1013080.jpg]

But at the every end the whole family paused for the cameras. We had such a wonderful time and so many friends came and said some really special things about my folks. Some flew down from up north other came from Virgina and Texas.

[Image: Thefamily.jpg]

Left to right - My daughter Laura, myself, hubby Derek behind me, my father and my mother, next to her is my sister Shannon and her husband Chris and in front of them their two boys, Trevor and Jacob.

And today...well today is clean up...and I think I'm gonna order out
  Re: The Anniversay - Success! by DFen911 (Well the day started...)
YEA!!!! I bet you're pooped! I would hope you'd be ordering out...LOL! Everything looks great. My mouth started watering when the shrimp showed up. And what a lovely family. I hope everbody had a blast and you get to rest tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Anniversay - Success! by Gourmet_Mom (YEA!!!! I bet you'r...)
What a wonderful lookin' family, Denise!! Great day, eh? Congratulations to all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Anniversay - Success! by cjs (What a wonderful loo...)
I agree, Denise, what a nice looking family! And the food looks spectacular. I know your parents are so proud. You really did a nice job.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Excellent job, Denise! What a great lunch for your guests, your family is beautiful and everyone looks like they are really enjoying themselves!

This is a day they'll never forget, especially because you gave it to them, from your heart.

PJ
PJ
Oh my--I can almost smell the food--how beautiful and what an attractive group of people--it all goes so well together--treasure your Mom and Dad as long as you can---
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: The Anniversay - Success! by Old Bay (Oh my--I can almost ...)
Wow! Huge congrats! Great pictures of both food and people! Who's wearing the kilt? (just wondering).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The Anniversay - Success! by Lorraine (Wow! Huge congrats!...)
Actually several of the gents came in their kilts I don't know why my dad didn't actually. They are part of a large Scottish society.

One of my projects will be to cook an entire Scottish dinner for the officers of the organization. However I don't see myself making haggis.
  Re: Re: The Anniversay - Success! by DFen911 (Actually several of ...)
Denise, they must have been so proud!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Congratulations!!! It all looks to die for.

You have a lovely family - and it's so nice that they could all get together for the occasion!

Those shrimp got my one remaining drool gland working!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!