Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$
  Re: (...)
I think I'm going to do another 'do' at Camaraderie winery the 14th of this month. A release party for ~100 over a 4 hour time.

My FoodSaver has just given up the ghost, so ordered a new one online Saturday..... Would not even try to do this gig without that machine!! Got the model V2860 - and it had better be the new model of the professional that I've had for years!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by cjs (I think I'm going to...)
I just have to get one of those. It's going on my wish list right now. In fact, it's going to be one of the first things I buy once I go back to work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by cjs (I think I'm going to...)
So sorry to hear about your Foodsaver. That's always terrible when a favorite appliance kicks the bucket! I have had a favorite stick blender for 20+ years that is making funny noises these days. They don't even make it anymore and and ones they have in the stores are more like toys, with a lot less power than I have. I will be disappointed when that one goes too.

I like my Reynolds hand-held suck the air out of the baggie thing, but it does not even compare to the Foodsaver. I am still yearning for one of those too. Guess we can't have it all. Right? Maybe someday.

Let us know how you like your new machine. Give us a review. Good luck with your event too! That sounds like fun. Take pictures!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by luvnit (So sorry to hear abo...)
I will try it as soon as it gets here and will review it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by cjs (I will try it as soo...)
Jean, I hope you love the V2860 as much as I do. It has every convenience feature I need and is the best one I've had. Especially love that you can pulse the air out for delicate items.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by Dismc (Jean, I hope you lov...)
Well then, sounds like I chose the correct replacement machine.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by cjs (Well then, sounds li...)
So, what's on the menu so far???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by Mare749 (So, what's on the me...)
I sent her some ideas, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Depends on what they decide they will need whether I'll take or not.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by cjs (I sent her some idea...)
Well at least tell us your suggestions. I'm dying to know what you recommended
  Re: Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ by DFen911 (Well at least tell u...)
Well, here's a few -
of course the ubiquitous wraps.
Pepperoni Cheese Wheel - Mix of pepperoni, crm. cheese and moz. formed in a wheel & rolled in paprika.
Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Basil Mousse

Italian Sausage (mini-balls), tortellini and Roasted Red peppers in a spicy marinara sauce.
Miniature ribs (or chunks)in Spicy Asian Sauce
Cranberry-Sauced Meatballs
Mini-Zucc quiches
and fill ins - (easy do ahead/plating goodies)
Sesame Eggplant Salsa
Fennel & Onion Confit
Olive, Anchovy & Caper Tapenade
Cream cheese logs with different hot/spicy jellys

They had the gorgonzola & Brie Torte at the last do an want it again.

For that amount of folks over the 4 hour time period, it really has to be easy things for me to be able to handle without renting cambros for heat & cold. Plus I only have one large freezer now, so can't do labor intensive goodies ahead of time and freeze anymore - which really puts a damper on things I can handle. It's a b*tch to get old and begin to realize I can't do the things I did as a 50 years old....
www.achefsjourney.com