Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc
  Re: (...)
Made the entire Pan Roasted Salmon menu from the latest issue for last night's dinner.

It was new method of cooking salmon for me that was quick and didn't involve the broiler (which I hate to clean) or grilling (it was sleeting here yesterday). I think they made a mistake on the salt content in the rub ... 2 teaspoons of salt was way too much for 4 - 4 oz fillets! It was just plain salty. I regret that I didn't think about adjusting it as I was preparing the meal.

The BBQ Beurre Blanc is a nice recipe. It could go well with other meats and we have plenty leftover. I bought a bottle of Gentleman Jack because we didn't have any whiskey in the house. Now I need to lock up the liquor cabinet before college boy sees it in there!

The Rissole potatoes have appeared in previous issues or books. I'd made them before and we like them - it's an easy recipe and has a roasted taste with stove top preparation.

We marked it a "good".. I think that having less salt on salmon would have made it a very good.
  Re: Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc by HomeCulinarian (Made the entire Pan ...)
HC, thanks so much for the review and the tip on the salt! I do think we will try this one, at some point.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc by esgunn (HC, thanks so much ...)
Thanks for the heads up on the salt. If my issue EVER gets here, I may give that one a try.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc by HomeCulinarian (Made the entire Pan ...)
Thanks for the report--I'm still trying to work up the desire to try this one.
I love salmon so.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc by Old Bay (Thanks for the repor...)
You've said before, Bill, that you like a more delicate sauce with your salmon. So, I don't predict you'd enjoy this recipe. I thought it was fine for the farm raised salmon available here. I wouldn't do this to wild salmon.
  Re: Re: Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc by HomeCulinarian (You've said before, ...)
HMMMM, now that helps more than the review. I too prefer a more delicate sauce.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc by HomeCulinarian (You've said before, ...)
Thank you so much!! Your opinion is priceless because you can communicate culinarilly (sp?), and that is something that comes from experience and inter-action.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review - Pan Roasted Salmon with BBQ Beurre Blanc by Old Bay (Thank you so much!! ...)
Nice review HC thanks