The BlueStar Range
  Re: (...)
I don't remember who on this forum mentioned BlueStar as possibility for a range, but I want to thank them. We ended up witha super deal on ours and I am grateful for that too. Our sales person just called today and are including the Salamander Broiler unit for FREE! Looks like I will have my range by next Friday, delivered and installed.

This is a brief article I found on the BlueStar if anyone is interested.

[Image: bluestar.jpg]

Quote:

Built Better
What sets BlueStar ranges apart from the ranges manufactured by larger companies is their performance. Trapp says BlueStar ranges are built with restaurant specifications in mind, resulting in ranges that are more expensive than traditional residential models, but which give users professional-quality results.

“Our gas ranges feature 22,000-Btu burners, most other stoves are about 15,000 Btus,” Trapp explains. “You’re boiling water in five minutes’ less time.” BlueStar ranges also have the largest useable oven capacity of any residential range, he adds, capable of holding a full-size commercial baking sheet.

“There’s not another residential stove I am aware of that has ever outperformed the BlueStar in an independent test,” Trapp says. Other features like commercial convection fans, the most powerful and efficient oven and range top burners and a heavier construction also add to the performance. Trapp says the rest of the industry has moved away from performance to focus on aesthetics. Although cosmetics do play an integral part in the design of the BlueStar, and the range is offered in 190 colors, the company’s goal remains to exceed the performance of conventional residential ranges.

“Today, residentials use a lot of aluminum manifolds,” Trapp says. “We use the commercial black pipe. Everything is made as a commercial stove would be made – heavier, stronger.”

With such specifications, it’s obvious that BlueStar ranges are not intended to be mass-market products, and Trapp says Prizer has struck a vein and found a dedicated niche of the market that appreciates BlueStar for what it can do. “I would say historically the customer has been an avid cook,” he says. “We have appealed to the cooking masses rather than someone looking to buy a designer series that sacrifices performance. Most of our customers are extremely educated – they know what they want before they ever go to the dealer.”

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: The BlueStar Range by luvnit (I don't remember who...)
I want one *whine*
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by bjcotton (I want one *whine*...)
I want you to have one too! Everyone should have a dream range/stove/oven. I feel very fortunate. Especially that my hubby understands. He coulda Veto'd the whole thing.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by luvnit (I want you to have o...)
I'll keep this one in mind for the camp! Looks like a nice piece of equipment and the salamander too!?!?!?! What a lucky "dog"!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by Gourmet_Mom (I'll keep this one i...)
I'd be happy with a kitchen to put this in. My little place wouldn't hold it. It is bigger than my kitchen and laundry room combined.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by firechef (I'd be happy with a ...)
I can't even begin to dream about that Range. How exciting!
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by Corinne (I can't even begin t...)
Wow!What a great looking stove, and a great write up. I have dreamed of having a salamander for years!!!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by Lorraine (Wow!What a great loo...)
Very cool.... I'm green with envy. My kitchen would have to be completely remodeled to have one like it. I'm debating on whether we stick with the 30" stove or go for broke. Just tell us in a year you have no regrets to convince me.... then I'll have one other person to convince!
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by bjcotton (I want one *whine*...)
Quote:

I want one *whine*

Ditto, I want one, too, waaaawaaaawaaa, sorry I can't do it as well as you, Roxanne

Enjoy your new range, I'm very happy for you!

PJ

Of course, we'll expect reviews almost immediately!!
PJ
  Re: Re: The BlueStar Range by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
One word - wow!

I want to see pics of the kitchen once this installed