Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ?
  Re: (...)
Well, I don't know exactly what we are going to have, but I know what I want. I want to have Molto Manicotti from Issue No. 54. We have made this several times and it never ceases to please us.

Here is a photo for those of you who have forgotten or need a visual to get the feeling back. The photo in the magazine is really much better, but it's the best I can do for now.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

[Image: manicotti2.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by luvnit (Well, I don't know e...)
That looks fabulous - even at 7:00am!

Trying something new - sandwiches that consist of grilled chicken (balsamic vinegar'ish marinade), grilled red onions, arugula, softened goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by Trixxee (That looks fabulous ...)
They're off to the pub tonight, so I'm on my own. I still have romaine and dressing left, so it'll be Caesar Salad. I think I've had it at least 4 times this week.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by Lorraine (They're off to the p...)
Beef in oyster sauce with a soft fried noodle/bean sprout side----love Chinese dishes

Dessert-----OATMEAL cookies from the C@H collection---dorky, huh???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by Roxanne 21 (Beef in oyster sauce...)
I love oatmeal cookies, thanks for reminding me to make some!

Tonight will be baked scrod, lobster ravioli, and some stir-fried veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by luvnit (Well, I don't know e...)
Having been in sandwich mode all week at work (too many of them) I am having a leftover sandwich, smoked turkey, avocado, alfalfa sprouts and cilantro chili mayo on multgrain. And more stewed beans.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by Mare749 (I love oatmeal cooki...)
"baked scrod, lobster ravioli, and some stir-fried veggies "

Geez, Maryann, is that a normal Friday night dinner?? Are the lobster ravioli, bought, made? I've never seen them in any store here!

PJ, what are "stewed beans"? Are they like baked beans?

Beef in Oyster Sauce with soft noodles. Roxanne, can you post the recipe for it? I love just about anything in Hoisin Sauce!

Those cookies sound good too. My Mother always made oatmeal cookies.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by Lorraine ("baked scrod, lobste...)
Lorraine,

There is a local place that makes fabulous ravioli and pasta of all types. We go there on special occasions to get ravioli, sauces etc. I have heard that the lobster ravioli is quite good. Anyway, here is a link! You can shop online with them now!!! http://www.vendaravioli.com/

Enjoy!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by mlucas1 (Lorraine,[br][br]The...)
WOW! Their jumbo ravioli look so good I felt my waistband expanding just looking and the description! Thanks for sharing the link!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner! What are you havin' ? by luvnit (WOW! Their jumbo rav...)
Wow! Some good sounding dinners out there. I still haven't made the Molto Manicotti...got it marked to make, but haven't had time....maybe this is the weekend since I don't anything planned. Although, I'd LOVE to have some of those lobster ravioli....YUM!

We're having pecan crusted grouper with alexander sauce. Sides are roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes/rice/polenta...can't decide.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.