OT - Hope for Kids with Autism
  Re: (...)
Here a link to the article in today's paper about me and my daugther Maggie (for anyone interested).

http://erstarnews.com/content/blogsection/8/64/

[Image: maggie.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: OT - Hope for Kids with Autism by luvnit (Here a link to the a...)
All I can say is WOW! You are an amazing MOM - and I am very thankful that there are mothers like you out there who realize that they can make a difference!

Laura, you are my hero! And Maggie is an angel!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT - Hope for Kids with Autism by Harborwitch (All I can say is WOW...)
What can be said, Laura----how AMAZING you are with your daughter---she is pretty AWESOME, too!!!

The patience required for this "disabilty" is beyond super-human-----what a wonderful Mom you are----we should all sit back and think about how very fortunate we are!!! Trials are part of what we have to go through in this life----you are a very lucky gal, Laura-----to love and to be loved sooo much----------no words!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: OT - Hope for Kids with Autism by Roxanne 21 (What can be said, La...)
Thank you Sharon and Roxanne, your words are so sweet. Trials are a part of life and I am sure all you moms and dads out there agree, "Any parent would walk through fire for our kids."

Reminds me of a quote, don't remember who said it, but they are right.

“Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations.”
Laura
  Re: Re: OT - Hope for Kids with Autism by luvnit (Thank you Sharon and...)
Aint that the truth!!!!! Nice quote and oh sooo true!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
That article literally blew me away. For all that I have read about autism, it's very different when you read someone's first hand account. I don't know what to say. You both amaze me.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT - Hope for Kids with Autism by Roxanne 21 (Aint that the truth!...)
Laura, you really are a special mom! Hugs for you and for your beautiful daughter! I bookmarked this article so I could forward it to my daughter. She is a special ed teacher and will be very interested in this article and your book. Great job.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What a great article, and what an inspiration you and your family are! You're doing a wonderful job. Raising awareness is so important, creating a communication tool was brilliant.

Hugs!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT - Hope for Kids with Autism by pjcooks (What a great article...)
I am beyond words! What wonderful moments/memories you have created for your little girl! I hope your book reaches many parents out there. I know I will be sharing it with the special ed department at our school and the primary school that feeds into ours. My favorite comments was "...We’ve worked on every hurdle that has come along, one tiny thing at a time.”

What an amazing mom and AWESOME little girl!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - Hope for Kids with Autism by Gourmet_Mom (I am beyond words! ...)
Thank you Lorraine, Maryann, PJ and Daphne. You are all so sweet. I love it that there are so many kind people on this forum. My daughter is truly an inspiration. I know she has been mine.

All of your support means so much to me. Thank you all.
Laura