A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork
  Re: (...)
Has anyone found a perfect wine pairing for the Feb. 2008 recipe in the Table for Two section, Taste of Brazil, Coconut Pork? I have made the dish on two occasions and paired it with a California Chardonnay. The dish is fantastic, but the wine pairing seems a little off. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  Re: A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork by legtech (Has anyone found a p...)
Try an unoaked chardonnay, a light pinot noir, or if you like fruit and spice, try a dry gewurztraminer. Welcome to the forum!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Sorry, I don't know much about wine pairing, but we have some people on the forum who are good with this and will be along shortly.

Thank you for the review on the coconut Pork and welcome to the forum, legtech! Check back often, there are very nice people here.

Denise will be along with the welcoming "shooters" shortly!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork by Old Bay (Try an unoaked chard...)
Bill, we were posting at the same time! I was hoping you would come along to answer this.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork by Old Bay (Try an unoaked chard...)
Thanks, I have tried an unoaked Chardonnay and, although it is acceptable, it just seemed to come up a little short. We have friends coming for dinner, so I'll give them a choice between a light Char and a P.N.
I would try a beer, like an ale or a pilsner. Or a sparkling wine, or even a Riesling.
"There is no love sincerer than the love of food".
  Re: Re: A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork by maggiemoo (I would try a beer, ...)
Oh I was gonna say Reisling too! That is such a delightful wine. I am a foodie, but I am not a winie so much. I love wine, just don't know much about it. Yet. It's on my list of things to accomplish before I die.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork by maggiemoo (I would try a beer, ...)
Hummm...I do have a bottle of Reisling that has been looking for an occasion to be opened. It looks like it'll be a tasting event. Try a little of many to find out which one is the best. Thank you for your input!
Mike
  Re: Re: A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork by luvnit (Oh I was gonna say R...)
OK, it's on wine list for tonight. Like food, there is so much that I don't know. But, it sure is fun tinkering.
Mike
  Re: Re: A suitable wine pairing Coconut Pork by legtech (OK, it's on wine lis...)
Chablis
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985