Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My!
  Re: (...)
Ok this is a pictorial post

First my bread. I did two batches. I let them rise for a full 18 hours.

[Image: P1013119.jpg]

[Image: P1013120.jpg]

After they rose I did the 'fold'. The first loaf I folded left side and right side in and then top and bottom. I put loaf one in the corningware to rise and loaf two went into the french loaf pan.

[Image: P1013132.jpg]

[Image: P1013133.jpg]

While these were rising the Chili went on. Ingredients =

[Image: P1013125.jpg]

And chili is on

[Image: P1013153.jpg]

Well the bread is done. OMG this bread is fantastic!

Loaf one and two respectively -

[Image: P1013141.jpg]

[Image: 18HourFrenchLoafStyle.jpg]

Dinner is served -

[Image: CubanChiliwith18HourBread.jpg]

Desert was Molten lava Cake. This picture was taken before it was removed from the ramekin and garnished.

[Image: P1013157.jpg]

A very successful evening
  Re: Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My! by DFen911 (Ok this is a pictori...)
O.K. - so you were teasing with the !!!

Everything looks fantastic!!! Oh my, what a meal. Delish. Which bread type is your favorite> Regular loaf or the french loaf? I am assuming the french loaf worked out well? Sure looks like it did.

Hope everyone was VERY appreciative of that meal - I know I would be.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My! by esgunn (O.K. - so you were t...)
I guess I should have mentioned I took the french loaf out about 8 minutes before the other loaf since it was more narrow and I was figuring it would cook faster.

This bread came out so good! And it went perfect with the chili. I am so stuffed right now I feel as if I can barely move. Hahaha
  Re: Re: Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My! by DFen911 (I guess I should hav...)
Any ideas how to get tongue prints off a computer screen? Looks very good Denise. Glad it went over well. Left over Chili for lunch on Sunday?

OT-I am so jealous...you have scallions. We have THREE grocery stores up in town and I could not get Fontina cheese, scallions or shallots in ANY of them tonight. They all looked at me like I was nuts when I asked about shallots and Fontina. I am SO sick of living in the middle of nowhere...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Beautiful pictures and what a lovely meal. Do you have a recipe for your Molten Lava Cake? It would give me an excuse to buy Ramekins!

Thanks for sharing your meal. I loved every bit(e).
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My! by luvnit (Beautiful pictures a...)
What a great looking meal! All those onions! YUMMMMMY! The bread looks GREAT! I love the long loaf. I went to do up my dough last night...forgot I used the last of my yeast on pizza dough the other night! Dang!

OT-LJ, I can get the scallions, but not the shallots. Fontina, Feta, anything not made by Kraft or "store" brand...forget it!

Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Great pics, Denise! They make me hungry! I'm so glad you are happy with your bread results. It really is easy and fun to play with also, although I always go back to the original recipe. Thanks for sharing your meal with us.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My! by Mare749 (Great pics, Denise! ...)

Now you done it! I have got to make this bread this week - after these great

pictures and the reviews and praises

Thanks for the pictures - they alway help.

I'll try this very soon.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My! by mjkcooking ([br]Now you done it...)
Laura the recipe is one that FC gave me I tried to invert them like some of the other recipes called for, but with this recipe I don't recommend it. They look pretty in the ramekins and they do taste yummy. Also for the chocolate I didn't have any 'cooking' chocolate so used my chocolate chips that I was going to use for cookies hehe

Molten Chocolate Cakes

Servings: Makes 4 servings.

Ingredients

5 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon brandy
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
5 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
Large pinch of salt
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 cup chilled whipping cream

Preparation

Generously butter four 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups. Arrange on baking sheet. Stir chocolate and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in brandy. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Using electric mixer (on high), beat eggs, yolks, 4 tablespoons sugar, vanilla, 1 teaspoon espresso powder and salt in medium bowl until very thick ribbon falls when beaters are lifted, about 10 minutes. Sift flour over batter; fold in flour. Fold in chocolate mixture. Divide batter among dishes, filling completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover loosely; refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake cakes until tops are puffed and dry and tester inserted into center comes out with moist batter still attached, about 15 minutes. Cool cakes 5 minutes.

Beat cream, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder in small bowl until firm peaks form. Top cakes with whipped cream and serve warm.
  Re: Re: Bread, Chili and Lava Cake...Oh My! by DFen911 (Laura the recipe is ...)
Quote:

Bread, Chili and Lava Cake

What? You mean that isn't the title of a single dish? ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?