Book Club
  Re: (...)
Starting this in a new thread, but Daphne is the one that reminded me.

Suggestions?

Anyone opposed to Anthony Bourdain? I was reading the leaflet on Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly and thought intriguing.

However the one book I do plan on reading is -

My Last Supper: 50 Great Chefs and Their Final Meals: Portraits, Interviews, and Recipes. It's not out yet but available for pre order. Here is a quick overview -

Chefs have been playing the “My Last Supper” game among themselves for decades, if not centuries, but it had always been kept within the profession until now. Melanie Dunea came up with the ingenious idea to ask fifty of the world’s famous chefs to let her in on this insider’s game and tell her what their final meals would be. My Last Supper showcases their fascinating answers alongside stunning Vanity Fair–style portraits. Their responses are surprising, refreshing, and as distinct from each other as the chefs themselves. The portraits—gorgeous, intimate, and playful—are informed by their answers and reveal the passions and personalities of the most respected names in the business. Lastly, one recipe from each landmark meal is included in the back of the book. With My Last Supper, Dunea found a way into the typically harried, hidden minds of the people who have turned preparing food into an art. Who wouldn’t want to know where Alain Ducasse would like his supper to be? And who would prepare Daniel Boulud’s final meal? What would Anthony Bourdain’s guest list look like? As the clock ticked, what album would Gordon Ramsay be listening to? And just what would Mario Batali eat for the last time?
  Re: Book Club by DFen911 (Starting this in a n...)
OOOOOOOOH, I have heard about the Last Supper! I like the sound of that over Bourdain's book. I plan to read his, but not at this time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Book Club by Gourmet_Mom (OOOOOOOOH, I have he...)
Well, since I've already read Bourdain's book, The Last Supper sounds good to me also.

Good choice, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Book Club by cjs (Well, since I've alr...)
I'm in!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Book Club by pjcooks (I'm in! [br][br]PJ...)
Jean, I was wondering if you wanted to bring up the ones you just got? If I remember there was one that I was also interested in. I'll go look it up. Unless, of course you plan to read this one anyway.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Book Club by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I was wonderin...)
Okay, I am in too! This one sounds really fun.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Book Club by pjcooks (I'm in! [br][br]PJ...)
Hey, PJ, who are the crime fighters in your avatar? They're cuties!
  Re: Re: Book Club by HomeCulinarian (Hey, PJ, who are the...)
Daphne, I can't remember - it must have been posted more that two days ago.

I ordered The Last Supper this a.m. - whatever we decide on, I found this one really interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Book Club by cjs (Daphne, I can't reme...)
Sounds good to me...all we need is a review date. It'll be hard to beat the last one though. I LOVED THAT BOOK! I may read it again after this.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Book Club by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good to me......)
Denise, what's the 'book review' date????
www.achefsjourney.com