Top Chef **Spoilers**
  Re: (...)
So..did anyone else watch last night?

One thing I was really disappointed in is how much swearing and bleeping is going on this season as opposed to the last 3 seasons combined. Can't they tell them in their diary room sessions to keep it professional? Sheesh!

*********SPOILER********************

I am Nimma went home. She had no passion from the moment we saw her on the screen.

Richard is our little Marcel and to be honest on this round I was glad to see him take Andrew down peg. That guy (Andrew) has got to get over himself. Oh and give him a bar of soap for his potty mouth.

As for the couple (***** couple) I think that should have been disclosed to all contestants before they started. No one said anything about a couple being involved. You mean to tell me that Bravo couldn't find another contestant that it had to bring the girlfriend of one of the other contestants? I really don't see it adding much to the show.

Kids..you just ate a lot of deep dish pizza so how could so many miss the mark?

I don't see these chefs as having as much talent as the last season. Seems several of them felt "overwhelmed" right off the get go and some of the plates...oh gag. But I will say on some..I was quite intrigued.

We'll see how this whole thing pans out.
  Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by DFen911 (So..did anyone else ...)
We were amazed at the amount of swearing! How can you screw up chicken picatta, deep dish pizza, and some of the other things. Mashed potatoes in a souffle??? Oh, and I'm sick of the plates that look like they were just scraped from the previous meal.

It appeared that only one of the "girlfriends" could cook. We'll keep watching - for a while at least.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by Harborwitch (We were amazed at th...)
I was reading thru the blogs and everyone is complaining about the cursing in this season.

That one souffle with the black bean puree...oh that made me want to gag. It looked like someone heaved ho and he served it up.
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by DFen911 (I was reading thru t...)
Didn't it though! Luckily we hadn't started eating yet when it was on here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by Harborwitch (Didn't it though! L...)
I soooo forgot about this. I'll have to catch it later. Thanks for the reminder. At least I'll be prepared to be underwhelmed and make sure I'm not eating at the time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by Gourmet_Mom (I soooo forgot about...)
True confessions . . . can't stay up that late, LOL! Have to wait until the weekend to catch a rerun somewhere along the line.
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by iBcookin (True confessions . ....)
I watched part of a movie last week where they bleeped all the cuss words. There were more bleeps than words, although I don't really appreciate all the swearing without it in that movie it didn't make much sense.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by bjcotton (I watched part of a ...)
I don't have the foggiest idea of names yet, but the short little gal who didn't do much in the pizza round and then blew them away with her dish, I thot was the best of the lot. (just went over to Top Chef and looked - Stephanie is who I'm talking about)

I guess I'm cutting them a little slack for the first cooking experience in that 'arena' - I'd probably forget my name.

I agree with sitting on them a little more for their language - seems it's done for effect only.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by cjs (I don't have the fog...)
I must get a different Top Chef here, . Heck, we're probably still watching 2 seasons ago!!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Top Chef **Spoilers** by Lorraine (I must get a differe...)
Better get a t.v. for the car while you two are driving all over the country, Lorraine, and catch up on Bravo channel.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com