What's Cooking Saturday?
  Re: (...)
I can't decide.

I will either make gnocchi with a rosemary cream sauce, and brown butter sage sauce. (because I can't decide which one I want so will make enough gnocchi to go either way) Or a Vietnamese pho dish.
  Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by DFen911 (I can't decide. [br]...)
Gnocchi sounds good! After I land, we're going to Harris Teeter's ( I love that store). Unless the Inn gets lots of reservations today, he won't be working, so we'll be cooking something, just not sure what!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by Lorraine (Gnocchi sounds good!...)
Well, it's 7:30 a.m. and Lorraine's probably on her way by now - safe trip and have fun!!

Our fishing boat capt. is in town and calling this a.m., so will wait to see what's up with him before planning dinner.
Also, grabbed some leftovers from last night for hors if we do something with him. So it will be darn easy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by cjs (Well, it's 7:30 a.m....)
Happy flying Lorraine! I can't wait to hear about all your fun this weekend! (or are you staying a week?)

Jean, I am so jealous. Is this the boat captain that had your sink full of crab that time? GEEEZ!

Me, I've got three things I want to do this weekend and not sure how to work it out. Jean maybe you can help. I want to try making your sausage and use it with Bill's Sicilian Tomato Sauce, I've got my Mystery Bag dinner, and then I've decided to try making corned beef for the first time. St. Patty's has never been a big deal in this area, so we've never done the traditional meal. Hubby informed me he'd like me to try it. He LOVES Reuben Sandwiches.

My question to you Jean, is this...Wouldn't the corned beef be even better if I made it tomorrow and then let it set up overnight? Then I'd have dinner for Monday night almost ready except for my sides and warming the beef up? I'm going to use the recipe you posted once from Attie. Whatcha think?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by Gourmet_Mom (Happy flying Lorrain...)
I have some lemons and italian parsley that needs using so I think I'll make shrimp scampi over thin spaghetti.
  Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by DFen911 (I can't decide. [br]...)
Everything everyone is having sounds great! (Can't wait to hear from Jean what hers turns out to be, bet it will be devine). We are cleaning up refrigerator and freezer over the next week or so. Have to empty the fridge to clean it, move it, sell it. Some of our meals are kinda wierd and don't make sense. But tonight we are having leftover spaghetti that was made from leftover stuff in the fridge. It turned out great. Easy meal. Tomorrow, who knows what it will be.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by luvnit (Everything everyone ...)
Yes, Daphne - that would be a great way to do Attie's corned beef!! well, we're on our own tonight, Capt. Jay isn't coming till sometime next week... yes, he's the one that filled our sink with Alaskan crab .

Looks like soup or something from the freezer tonight, tomorrow night I'm doing the mystery dinner.

After I rest these darn old bones, maybe doing St. Patty's will look better to me.....maybe do like Daphne and put it in today or tomorrow and have it Monday.

gnocci...shrimp scampi...leftover spaghetti (that's what my youngest son always wanted for his b'day dinner, leftover spaghetti!) - oh you guys are killing me here with your ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by cjs (Yes, Daphne - that w...)
Thanks Jean! Will do! I guess it's the mystery bag for tonight! It'll be kinda late, just got back from the cook-off and the farm. I'll post pics later. I gotta get my list together and fly to the store and get going!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Jean! Will d...)
What is the mystery bag idea all about?