Vitamix
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a Vitamix? If so, do you like it? We saw a demo in Costco the other day, and the kids really liked the smoothy and even the Tortilla soup they made.

We have been making smoothies, but we usually bog down our blender with the frozen fruit (we usually use frozen fruit instead of ice cubes). Anyway, my mom has one she never used and will give to us in a month or so.

I am just curious if anyone has one and if they like it. If you do, what kinds of things do you use it for?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Vitamix by esgunn (Does anyone have a V...)
Erin I have one - it needs repairing, nothing Bob can't do once we get the parts! I adored mine. It does so many things in the kitchen and if preparing stuff from scratch is important to you you will love it. I made soup, ice cream, ground flour, made bread.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Vitamix by Harborwitch (Erin I have one - it...)
Thanks Sharon. I am excited about it. I saw they had a wheat grinder thingy. The kids just like smoothies and I like the idea about being able to put so many other whole foods in. I am lucky they like so many fruits and vegetables. They are not picky eaters. But it is always good to be able to sneak some suff in - like squash and spinach!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Vitamix by esgunn (Thanks Sharon. I am...)
I think one of our faves was "V8" juice. You could just cram so much nutrition into it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!