Tapas ? Mushrooms in Parsley Sauce
  Re: (...)
Been to several cooking classes lately and thought i would post one of the recipes.

Mushrooms in Parsley Sauce

Serves 8

4 oz EXVirgin Olive Oil
2 oz. Garlic Peeled
1/2 oz Piquin Chilies Red Chili Pepper or Pepper of Choice
48 Mushroom Fresh Medium size Halved Cremini ( Shitakes -sliced )
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 oz Flour all purpose

PARSLEY SAUCE

1/2 oz Garlic Peeled minced
2 oz. Parsley Italian Freesh minced
salt and Pepper to taste
4 oz. Blanco Nievo or Chardonney

Sauce: mix the garlic, parsley, Blanco Nievo, S&P in a bowl and mix well
Mushrooms: in saute pan heat olive oil, then saute garlic until tender, add the chilli and mushrooms, cooking until juices drawn out, when juices almost gone add the flour and stir to blend slowley add the sauce ingredients, bring to boil and cook until sauce thickens.
taste to adjust seasonings.

Pequin, spanish peppers - available at Spanish Table - Pike Place Market
enjoy !
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Tapas ? Mushrooms in Parsley Sauce by mjkcooking (Been to several cook...)
Oh Marye, now doesn't this sound really good!! Thanks for posting - duly copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tapas ? Mushrooms in Parsley Sauce by mjkcooking (Been to several cook...)
Marye,

So are crimini the same as shiitake? I love mushroom all kinds. I can eat them by the shovel-full. Really. I love anything with TONS of mushrooms in it like, 'mushroom caviar' my personal fave.

Never had crimini (that I know of) another one I have never had is the chanterelle. Both sound great.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tapas ? Mushrooms in Parsley Sauce by luvnit (Marye, [br][br]So ar...)
Creminis are the same as Portobellos - only smaller. In fact, since Portobellos are so trendy and popular right now, many vendors call Creminis "Baby Portobellos" to take advantage of smooth marketing.

Thus, if you have had Portobellos, you have had Creminis - just the full-sized, mature ones.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tapas ? Mushrooms in Parsley Sauce by luvnit (Marye, [br][br]So ar...)
Nice recipes...love mushrooms of all sorts and so does Holly so we'll have to try this one soon.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoy your classes...I am going to be doing a couple over in little tiny Dayton, Iowa for a seniors group. You of all people can imagine how much "fun" that is going to be!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Tapas ? Mushrooms in Parsley Sauce by firechef (Nice recipes...love ...)
Firechef

I am smiling right now - no I am Laughing! hope to hear of this expreience
you will charm them - Let us know what you are making?

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.