Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review
  Re: (...)
This is an excerpt from my mystery dinner, so forgive the inconsistencies. I was also to have pics but hubby took the camera to work and LEFT it! Here goes:

The Chicken Bistro Cakes were pretty good. I’d rate them a 6. I found them a tad dry. Personally, I think I should have shaved some parm over the cakes and tomato concasse, but it was late, and I was lucky to get dinner at all…LOL! I think the mix needs a little moisture, maybe another egg or a tad of milk or cream added to the egg mixture before adding it to the dry ingredients. I will say, they were extremely easy to make and I plan to work on this one to make it a “go to” dinner for chicken leftovers. DH is looking forward to having them with a little tomato mayo in a sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

The Tomato Concasse was very good, but I would personally add a tad less red pepper flakes. Just a bit spicy, even for DH. But this added a lot to the cakes and helped pull the meal together. I’d give this an 9.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by Gourmet_Mom (This is an excerpt f...)
Is this from the 'new' C@H or a separate issue?

Does your hubby know how lucky he is to have a creative cook in kitchen? Nice lunch hubby is having.

I do the same for mine. Co-workers usually say, "Whatcha havin?" every day.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by luvnit (Is this from the 'ne...)
Oops, this is from the Weeknight Menus, p. 11. Good or bad, I'm the only one taking lunch to work. My coworkers think I'm "crazy". They don't understand what I'm doing. They think I'm some kind of "gourmet". That is so laughable.....I just love to cook and love to experiment!

A funny note...the kids watch what I eat now. Last week I had yakatori chicken or something like that for lunch. I had more than I would eat, so I gave some away. Now the kids "watch" what I eat. They are totally fascinated. Today I explained I had made the sausage and the noodles and they could not even relate. Funny really, but sad in a way. Glad my kids were indoctrinated early in life.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by Gourmet_Mom (Oops, this is from t...)
I can imagine the rumors in the "teacher's lounge" about your cooking. I was a student aid in Advanced Placement Earth Science classes my sophomore year in high school and an aid in AP Biology and Chemistry in my junior year so I know about all of the "chatter" behind closed doors that you teachers talk up when us "kids" are not around...

Always keep a teacher around so that no matter how old you get you can always call someone Mister or Missus whenever others are around...that'll help you feel younger every time!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by firechef (I can imagine the ru...)
Mister Firechef you are funny.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by luvnit (Mister Firechef you ...)
Daphne, are these the same Chix cakes Billy mentioned a couple weeks ago (and I have somewhere in a pile waiting to be made)? I'll have to find it and make a note - I do have l/o chicken from the Mystery dinner also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by cjs (Daphne, are these th...)
I didn't have any luck with these cakes. Mine were extremely. I don't know if I mismeasured or what, but they didn't work for me. The breadcrumb taste was very dominant (maybe mine weren't absolutely fresh??). The concasse sauce was very good and very easy but even that couldn't save mine.

My first real personal bomb from C@H.
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by Trixxee (I didn't have any lu...)
Jean, I don't know if I saw that post from Billy, so I'm not sure.

Trixxee, like I said mine were kinda dry, but I thought the flavor was good. I'm not sure if less bread crumbs may have helped...especially since you add a little flour right before frying, also. I was impressed with how well they held together.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I don't know i...)
I made them, but can't remember what I said in my review CRS ya know.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Bistro Cakes-Review by bjcotton (I made them, but can...)
Daphne, I made these too and like Billy, can't remember too much about them. I know I did something else to them to liven them up but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was. Maybe finding the picture will help

PJ

I think I remember liking them, though.
PJ