Breakfast in bed
  Re: (...)
I just have to share this - this is mostly off topic - but it does deal with food.

So Steve is on a trip, and it is about 7:15. Stephanie got up around 6:45 as is her usual. She likes to get up and look at books or read, waiting for everyone else to start waking up. I now hear Steph and Chris and Nicky just woke up. I had overheard them last night planning a surprise for mom. I was pretty sure it was going to be breakfast in bed. But I put it out of my mind in the daily chaos of finishing dinner, picking up toys, jammies and brushing teeth and getting them off to bed.

So this is what I listened to this morning. It was so hard not to get out of bed and investigate.

"I can't open the jam"
"Maybe Nicky can do it"
"I'll just have to wake up mom to open the jam"
"NO! I'll try it" - Nicky
"Oh, we need a strawberry"
opening of refrigerator
now talking but I can't hear it all, water running.
"Who is going to carry it. There is a lot to carry."
"I'll carry the recipe" - Steph
more scuffling. Then the sounds of paper rattling.
Chris comes in "Mom, you need to not wake up until we tell you, Ok?"
Mom "Ok" - bite my tongue trying not to ask about anything
A few minutes later they all come in carrying my big cutting board with breakfast. The rest speaks for itself!
Stephs recipe is the picture with the strawberry, and the apple and the piece of toast - labeled Mom
They went with peanut butter...still couldn't get the jam open.

[Image: DSCN3559.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3563.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3564.jpg]

Are they not the best kids?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Breakfast in bed by esgunn (I just have to share...)
Aaaaaawwwwwww! They couldn't be any cuter if they were mine! How sweet is that! You are a lucky lucky Mom!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Breakfast in bed by Harborwitch (Aaaaaawwwwwww! They...)
When my son does something like this, it's always a positive reinforcement that I'm doing a good job as a parent. So, good job, mom.
  Re: Re: Breakfast in bed by jeffdubya (When my son does som...)
What an absolutely wonderful start to another great day with those three!! Brot tear to the old eye....loved the days my kids were that age.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Breakfast in bed by esgunn (I just have to share...)
How very sweet! They are great kids because they have a wonderful mom!
  Re: Re: Breakfast in bed by HomeCulinarian (How very sweet! The...)
DITTO with all the others said------how VERY fortunate you are to have such thoughtful/caring children-------only thing I can add---MUST BE the Mom's influence!!! GOOD ON YA GIRL!!!!! Be very proud----HOW SWEET IS THAT?????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Breakfast in bed by Roxanne 21 (DITTO with all the o...)
Ok now that is just the cutest thing EVER! Talk about great kids. You should be uber proud.

Steph, Chris and Nicky...you guys did a wonderful thing for your mom. Your breakfast looks wonderful and the artwork was fantastic!
  Re: Re: Breakfast in bed by Roxanne 21 (DITTO with all the o...)
Thanks everyone. They really are very good kids - and yes it has taken a lot of consistency on our part too. Steve has been very involved too. I think we make a pretty good team!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Breakfast in bed by esgunn (Thanks everyone. T...)
It takes TWO--BABY---IT TAKES TWO!!!!! Now who sung those words?

Erin, what would we do without our partner and the offspring that are so very precious---sometimes are tough but it is TOTALLY worth it!!!

GREAT team you are----look what you have created!!!! Can't beat that!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Breakfast in bed by Roxanne 21 (It takes TWO--BABY--...)
That is just the sweetest thing! Teared up here as well. What great parents you are to have raised, not one, but three incredible kids!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.