OT-rounding the corner...
  Re: (...)
Well, even though the big 5-0 is 2 months away, I received my AARP card. And then the next day, an invitation to tour an upscale 50+condo in Boston.

My mornings at work seem so far away from my afternoons at work it's hard to believe they happened in the same day. Yikes. Does that make sense to any of you?

Remembering (or better, forgetting) things-when did this happen? I know my job has been demanding for the last few months but even so, you'd think I'd remember the exact date of my Dad's 72nd birthday (I was a day late) instead of the minute details of the latest University Presidential dinner.

To those of you that work in production and still manage to have some sort of a life,

HOW?

There's still a teenager in my house, and I'm beginning to feel my age...

PJ
PJ
  Re: OT-rounding the corner... by pjcooks (Well, even though th...)
I can soooo relate! I just hit my big one and feel the same things you are describing! I also have an 18 year old at home and two in college. Sometimes it feels like they think I'm made of money. Adds a lot a stress, especially when you figure my DH job is directly tied to the housing market. If I can get this one graduated and in the Coast Guard, I'm hoping DH and I will be able to breathe a little!

I got my AARP card as well. Not the highlight of my day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT-rounding the corner... by Gourmet_Mom (I can soooo relate! ...)
Well, finally there is a reason to rejoice in the stupidity of having kids so darn young - they are out of the house really early!! I was in my mid-forties when da baby was gone.

It's always amazed me to compare a calendar month from when kids were home to when they were all gone!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-rounding the corner... by Gourmet_Mom (I can soooo relate! ...)
I've passed the 5-0 mark a year ago in November and when through the same issues receiving the AARP and cemetery plots mailings, etc. UGH! My problem is that because hubby is 7+ years older than me, I gave him a hard time at his 50th, so you can guess that any payback I received was certainly fair ....I used to put the AARP materials in his wallet, briefcase, shaving kit... What a brat!

My oldest turns 29 tomorrow - how can that be? It seems just like yesterday she came into the world! And, we have the 18-year-old daughter still at home who keeps us on our toes.

As they say, getting older is better than the alternative (or, so we like to believe!).
  Re: Re: OT-rounding the corner... by HomeCulinarian (I've passed the 5-0 ...)
Quote:

....I used to put the AARP materials in his wallet, briefcase, shaving kit... What a brat!

As they say, getting older is better than the alternative (or, so we like to believe!).

That's what my Mom always says, HC!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT-rounding the corner... by cjs (Well, finally there ...)
Ha! I am 42 and have 3 6 year olds! I will be what - 55 (or older) when mine are out of the house!

I constantly tell people who are relying on info or something for me - If I forget or it has been too long since you have heard from me - please nag me or ask again - I just forgot! I can't keep much at all in my head anymore! And now I am re-learning math and phonics and science...there will be no room left!

PJ, you are not alone.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: OT-rounding the corner... by pjcooks (Well, even though th...)
It's not all that bad--I did have my kids early, but someone said "they're commin back and bringing people with them!" Not so much for us, but age is just an adjustment--it does usually come on slowly and you don't notice it so much at once. I'm happy and really don't want to repeat anything. You will also notice you grow weary of change--I only accept about 50% now--and I'm happy as I can be. Don't worry, it's not so bad, and you have more time than you think. Regards, "The Birthday Boy"
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT-rounding the corner... by Old Bay (It's not all that ba...)
Thanks, everyone, it's good to know I'm not alone

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT-rounding the corner... by pjcooks (Thanks, everyone, it...)
I'd add something here but I don't like the cyberslaps to the head anymore...still not sure if they are behind the "early onset Parkinson's" I was diagnosed with on Monday or not.

I am not that old but feel as if I am being cheated out of the "best years" by this cruel disease that I am dealing with head on now that I know what it is.

Has for those of you a HALF-A-CENTURY-OLD and even OLDER...wow, what was it like when the world was all black and white? Hehehehe...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT-rounding the corner... by firechef (I'd add something he...)
LJ, I am so sorry to hear about your health problems. You, Holly and Kambree will be in my prayers.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.