Hotwings
  Re: (...)
Hey I need a fried hotwing recipe....I don't know if it's normal for hotwings to be fried but im trying to replicate some from my fave resturant. Maybe they are fried then baked? Im not sure...but any hotwing recipe would be great!
  Re: Hotwings by chef23 (Hey I need a fried h...)
aka...do you use any "Kraft" products making your wings boys and girls???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Hotwings by firechef (aka...do you use any...)
I just melt some butter, add in a bunch of Sriracha hot sauce, brush the wings with the mixture and bake them at 375F for 35-45 minutes, occasionally turning them and adding more of the mixture.

Sriracha makes for some of the best hot wings. The hot sauce they used to (not sure if they still do) sell at Quiznos was also excellent for this.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Hotwings by chef23 (Hey I need a fried h...)
At the risk of being accused of being a guest chef on Rachel Ray's "Semi Home Cooking"--I offer something we have done for years--
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH BUFFALO WINGS
24 chicken wings/drummettes
1/2 C melted butter
1/4 C (more or less) hot pepper sauce
3 T vinegar
2 pkgs Hidden Valley Ranch Milk Recipe Original Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 t paprika
Celery sticks

Preheat oven to 350. Dip chicken in mixture of butter, pepper & vinegar, put in baking pan. Sprinkle with one pkg of dressing mix (dry). Bake 25- 30 minutes turning once. Sprinkle with second pkg when turned. Turn up oven to broil--sprinkle both sides with paprika-you could add cayenne pepper for more heat, broil, turning once until both sides are crisp and brown. I still serve with blu cheese dressing and celery. It's worked at Christmas parties for 5 years.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Hotwings by Old Bay (At the risk of being...)
Shoot, I just deep fry the suckers, drain and toss with a hot mix of equal parts of my fav hot sauce (Franks Red Hots or Louisianna Crystal) and butter. Serve with a good chunky blue cheese dressing and celery sticks and julienned carrots! It has been too long! I think I've been a good girl. I think I DESERVE this treat...sooon...very soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hotwings by Gourmet_Mom (Shoot, I just deep f...)
I love Crystal--I didn't know anybody else here knew about it. I have BIG bottles. Great in Bloody Bulls too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Hotwings by Old Bay (I love Crystal--I di...)
Crystal is a GREAT hot sauce! We love it! I keep a bottle in the cabinet. I rotate that and Frank's over anything else.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hotwings by Gourmet_Mom (Crystal is a GREAT h...)
For restaurant applications I use a gallon of Frank's Red Hot and a gallon of Cattleman's GOLD BBQ Sauce and a pound of butter in a double boiler and simmer for 4 to 8 hours on med-low heat. Man oh man it is the only way to go...kind of hot and kind of a "golden" mustard/vinegar bbq mixed and all can't be beat for some heat and flavour mixed together. Great stuff.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Hotwings by firechef (aka...do you use any...)
Quote:

aka...do you use any "Kraft" products making your wings boys and girls???

Good catch, LJ, It's interesting to see what eveyone does. Glad no Kraft products are mentioned

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hotwings by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We bake or grill the wings then slather them in Frank's Hot Sauce and Butter. Then use a Ranch (for the kids) or Bleu cheese dressing for dipping.