Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help
  Re: (...)
I left my latest Cuisine at Home...at work so I could make my grocery list for Easter...well I forgot to bring it home and I need the recipe for the bacon and egg puff pastry in individual quiche pans that was in the lastest edition.
It's not listed in the recipes on the website...Help...can someone send to me?
Life's Short...Eat Dessert First
-----------------------------
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/T...5&s_tafId=75273
  Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by grammadeb (I left my latest Cui...)
Welcome to the forum, Deb. I'm sure someone will post the recipe for you pretty soon. I live in Honduras, and don't actually get the magazine, here, so I don't have the recipe to be able to post it.

Just wanted to welcome you to the group. Hope you enjoy it here, and come back for extra helpings of the hospitality of the members here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome to the forum. I would post it but the lights are out and my daughter and fiance are trying to sleep while I peck away at the laptop. Just got my first issue in the mail a couple of days ago...great magazine and a great forum.

Be sure to look around and see the other stuff we have going on as well...I know it is on pages 32 and 33. If you only need the ingredients I might be able to help you out...your grocery list will require:

For 4 pastries you will need the following ingredients...2 strips of thick sliced bacon, enough white or red skinned potatoes for 2/3 of a cup, 1/3 cup each of onion and roasted red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of FRESH rosemary, 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, a total of 4 eggs (one is for the pastry), 2 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, 1 tablespoon AP flour, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (plus salt and pepper to taste), 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne and a sheet of purchased puff pastry.

That is the ingredient list and it is too dark to see and type the how to's of this one without killing my eyes totally! Hope this helps...?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by firechef (Welcome to the forum...)
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! I certainly appreciate your taking the time in the dark to send this to me. I will sleep so much better tonight. You're my hero!!! If you don't mind today or tomorrow (when the lights are on..sending me the instructions. You can send me a private message on this forum.

I really appreciate this and I look forward to cruising thru the posts.

Happy Easter!
  Re: Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
I don't usually do forums, but from the few replies I received to my post, this is certainly a friendly, warm and welcoming group and I do look forward to engaging in more cuisine at home posts. I've been a subscriber for only 4 months but love the magazine...my husband, who can't boil water really enjoys it as well...go figure.
  Re: Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by grammadeb (I don't usually do f...)
At least he knows you are to boil it. Holly tries to FRY water and makes a big mess which is why I do the cooking. That and almost 20 years in professional kitchens...Holly can cook as long as it is microwaveable...

Be sure to stop in again...I think I noticed someone else posting about this very topic...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by grammadeb (I left my latest Cui...)
Quote:

I left my latest Cuisine at Home...at work so I could make my grocery list for Easter...well I forgot to bring it home and I need the recipe for the bacon and egg puff pastry in individual quiche pans that was in the lastest edition.
It's not listed in the recipes on the website...Help...can someone send to me?

Looks good.
Bacon & Egg Pastries
makes 4 pastries
total time: abt 1 hr
Fry; Add & Saute
2 strips thick sliced bacon, diced
2/3 C white or red skinned potatoes cubed
1/3 cup yellow onion , diced
1/3 C roasted red peppers, diced
1/2 t minced fresh rosemary
1 &1/2 C fresh spinach
salt & pepper to taste

Beat;Add
2 oz creamed cheese, softened
3 eggs
1/4 C milk
1/4 C Gruyere or swiss cheese, shredded
1 T all purpose flour
1/2 t kosher salt
1/8 t cayenne

Roll Out; Brush Pastries With:
1 sheet purchased puff pastry, slightly thawed
1 egg beaten w/ 1 T water

Serve with Fruit Salad

Preheat oven to 400. Coat four 4" quiche pans w/ removable bottoms w/ non stick spray and arrange on a baking sheet.
1. FRY bacon in a large saute pan over med heat until crisp;drain on a paper towel lined plate:pour off all but 1 T drippings and return pan to burner. Add potatoes, onion,peppers, and rosemary; cook, covered, untilpotatoes are tender, about 8 min. Stir in spinach, reserved bacon, salt, & pepper; set filling aside.

2. BEAT cream cheese in a bowl with hand mixer, then blend in eggs. Add milk, cheese, flour and seasonings; beat to blend.

3. ROLL pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 12 in square. Cut into 4 six in squares, then lightly press 1 square into each prepared pan. Spoon about 1/3 C potato mixture into each pan, then pour about 1/3 C egg mix on top.

4. Fold corners of dough onto filling, brush w/egg wash and bake until crust is brown and filling is set, 20-25 min. Let stand before unmolding.
Serve with fruit salad.

Note-- did I miss something or should fillings be spread around (1/4) equally among the pastries? The recipe is straight from the book.

WELCOME!! I expect your help sometime!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
See I told you someone was posting about this very topic...here's your requested recipe from another great member you'd enjoy "chatting" food and such with I am sure. I know I do.
  Re: Re: Bacon and egg in Puff Pastry - Recipe Help by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thank you so very much!!!!!!!! What a great group of people in this forum. I'm truly grateful for all of you being so helpful and you are so quick to respond.
Why yes of course you can expect my help in the future. Maybe the mixture makes 1-1/3 cups of filling? I'll let you know Monday...