What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner?
  Re: (...)
My new freezer was delivered yesterday, so is nicely cold this a.m. to transfer a lot of 'stuff' to!! There are cuts of meat buried in the old one so deep, I can't remember where they are. I have lists of what in the freezer, but it is so packed full, I can't get to half the packages!

Thank heavens, that will be fixed in a couple of hours - I know there are T Bones that I might be able to find and if the sun shines today - that's dinner.

If it's rainy, there is soup buried in that mess also!

I'm so glad I have this new freezer!!!!!
What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by cjs (My new freezer was d...)
I am still cleaning out fridge and freezer space so we can move our appliances out (next week I think). Some of our meals have been very 'disjointed' combinations. Last night we had the Dinner Review dinner, but I had to go buy everything for it. We didn't have really any of the ingredeints except butter.

It is snowing here today and we are in for long ride with this one. It's not snowing heavily, just steadily all day long. Comfort food is in order. I think I will make pork shops tonight cooked in Cream of Mushroom Soup, white rice and some kind of veggie. My hubby and son love the pork chops cooked this way.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by luvnit (I am still cleaning ...)
Still snowing - will it ever end for your part of the country???

Been thinking about Bill and all the rain in his area also - hope everyone's safe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by cjs (My new freezer was d...)
We're hosting the girls' soccer team preseason sleep over tonight. Plans are to order Monical's Pizza for the girls. This is a local chain and there is a strange practice of using their Sweet & Tart (super sweet Russian style) salad dressing on the pizza. People around here love it that way.

Think hubby and I will be finishing off the leftovers from the week for our dinners.
  Re: Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (We're hosting the gi...)
"using their Sweet & Tart (super sweet Russian style) salad dressing on the pizza" - and what else do they add to the pizzas??? (love those off the wall ideas. )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (We're hosting the gi...)
Quote:

...strange practice of using their Sweet & Tart (super sweet Russian style) salad dressing on the pizza.

Although I may have mentioned this before, try the following as a pizza:
  • Dough
  • Vidalia onion vinaigrette
  • Deli-sliced turkey
  • Mozzarella and/or smoked Gouda
YUM!

Oh yeah. For tonight: Hoisin-Braised Pork, Mushrooms and Green Beans on Noodles (see link for recipe).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Peter is off to Florida on Sunday (EASTER) sooooo---I made a turkey dinner last night with all the fixin's----HE LOVES TURKEY and will not have that while in FLA----tonight was our usual second night of turkey----TURKEY CLUB sandwiches and tomorrow will be a hot turkey meal with whatever I scrounge up for veggies---I have green beans, brussel sprouts, asparagus and broccoli/cauliflower----whatever spirit moves me when I begin the overtures for his "last meal" for a coupla weeks (home that is!!! )

Today is the BIGGEST day for off time in this country---NO STORES are open for ANYTHING----Good Friday is BIGGER than Christmas here...it was a really pleasant day---weather was gorgeous and so very quiet with no building projects going on---noise levels were way down........NICE!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by Roxanne 21 (Peter is off to Flor...)
Update: Decided against the pork dish I mentioned earlier. It's Good Friday and, as with Roxanne's situation in South Africa, that's REALLY big, here, so I'll have to wait to be able to get the ingredients I need.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by labradors (Update: Decided agai...)
Well, heathen that I am, I changed my mind also, but not for religious reasons - my sweetie surprised me with another Nigella book - Express - so....had to pick something out of it and of course I had the needed in gredients in the freezer!

I hope Cis sees this - it's right up her alley, the flavors sound wonderful! If it's good, I'll type it up tomorrow.

Meatballs fried in a mixture of red curry paste and veggie oil, then adding ginger, cinnamon, coconut milk, tomatoes, chickpeas, butternut squash and lots of other goodies including cilantro!!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For T.G.I.F. Dinner? by cjs (Well, heathen that I...)
I'm doing pizzas. One will be half tomato, eggplant, and red onion and the other half will be tomato, spinach, and red onion...cheese of course. The other one will be half tomatoes, Italian sausage, peppers and onions and half tomatoes, pepperoni, peppers, onions and mushroom. Everything is ready to go except for one little detail that I have a question about. See other thread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.