Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!!
  Re: (...)
This just sounds so good!

From the Whole Foods newsletter -

Huevos Rancheros Cups

This version of huevos rancheros, the classic hearty Mexican dish of fried tortillas and eggs, features a whimsical presentation of tortilla-shaped cups filled with eggs and beans. Great for brunch, or just a fun way to entice your kids to eat beans and eggs!
Serves 8

8 (5-inch) corn tortillas
Canola oil spray
1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
8 large eggs
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup queso fresco or other fresh cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 avocado, sliced (optional)
2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F and oil a standard 12- cup muffin tin.
Heat corn tortillas one at a time in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 seconds on each side, just until they are soft and pliable. Spray each warm tortilla with canola oil on both sides. Press and fold each tortilla into a muffin cup. Place a small ball of foil in the center to hold in sides of tortillas. Bake 5 minutes.

Remove foil and add 2 tablespoons refried beans to each corn tortilla cup, pressing them down into bottom of cup. Make an indentation in the center of the refried beans and carefully crack an egg into each indentation. Bake in the middle of the oven until whites are just set, about 15 minutes.

Remove tortilla cups from the muffin pan carefully, using 2 spoons or small spatulas. Top with a spoonful of salsa and sprinkle with queso fresco, cilantro, avocado and crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.

Nutrition Info
Per serving (1 Huevos Rancheros Cup/190g-wt.): 240 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 12g protein, 26g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 220mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by cjs (This just sounds so ...)
Jean, this does sound good! And looks good too! Great presentation. I found the pic and the Whole Foods website.

[Image: huevos_rancheros.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by luvnit (Jean, this does soun...)
Great idea: what a presentation!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by cjs (This just sounds so ...)
Those look incredible and sound even better! Yum! This is printed and ready to enjoy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by Harborwitch (Those look incredibl...)
Oh Laura, thanks for posting the picture!! don't they look good?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by cjs (Oh Laura, thanks for...)
My goodness, yes! It would be a great breakfast for overnight guests too.
Laura
  Re: Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by luvnit (My goodness, yes! It...)
These little goodies are really tasty!!! But, it looks like they got very creative with their tortillas, will play with it a little more next time. But, this is a keeper!

[Image: huevostwo.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by cjs (These little goodies...)
Hmmmm... I think they may have cut a few slits in the tortillas to make them fit in the cups???

But they still look delish!
Laura
  Re: Re: Just Found Easter Brunch Recipe!! by luvnit (Hmmmm... I think the...)
Oh my goodness, I started drooling immediately! I think yours look like they would taste better.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.