Pizza ?
  Re: (...)
I'm making pizza tonight, and have a question. I would normally use fresh onion and peppers, but the peppers were ridiculous today. I remembered I have had a lot of success using the Bird's Eye frozen pepper and onion mix.

Question: Should I thaw and drain any excess moisture and use as is or saute for a few minutes?

Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pizza ? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm making pizza ton...)
Daphne, I really have no experience with this - so take it as it is worth - next to nothin! But, I think I would just do as you would normaly do it - if you normally saute your vegies first - I would do that - If you normally put on raw - I would put them on frozen, maybe add just a few minutes to cooking time.

I am sure someone with more pizza experience will come along. I was just thinking of the frozen pizza's you buy in the store - you just cook them frozen.

They sound really good. Can we come for dinner?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pizza ? by esgunn (Daphne, I really ha...)
I don't either, Daphne and Erin, but that sounds like good advice. Thawing might make them disintegrate and turn to mush, I would think.

Since I would saute them if I were using fresh, I'd do the same with the frozen.

Glad I could add my wisdom to the conversation

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Pizza ? by pjcooks (I don't either, Daph...)
Thanks you guys, I'll let you know what I finally do and how it turns out.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza ? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks you guys, I'l...)
Sauteed! YUM! The tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and onions with cheese was the best! The fact that I've been craving veggies lately may have influenced that a little though...LOL!
Daphne