Fondue Cheesecake Bites
  Re: (...)
Help! I am making this recipe from the December 2007 issue, page 45, and it calls for Boursin Cheese. When I went to the store, all of the Boursin Cheeses were flavored. Has anyone made this? Does anyone know which flavor I am supposed to use?

I am making these for a party tomorrow, so a quick response is appreciated!
  Re: Fondue Cheesecake Bites by Doodle (Help! I am making th...)
I don't have that issue handy right now, but generally speaking, if it doesn't specify, then I would use Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs. This is the most common one available at most places--cheapest at Costco, Trader Joe's...
  Re: Re: Fondue Cheesecake Bites by jend (I don't have that is...)
Edited ***OK - I just looked at the boursin web site - they only have flavored cheese - the two closests options would be the garlic and herb or the chive and shallot. I think either would work in this recipe - I don't think I would use any of their other cheeses ***

I know you can substitute Alloette (sp) for it, but am unsure if that comes plain. It looks like in the recipe, it is supposed to be plain. But, If flavored is all there is, I would go with the other flavors in the recipe - parsley and shallots. It also has you mix with cream cheese - so maybe do a little less of teh flavored boursin and a little more cream cheese?

I have not tried the recipe, so am a little blind here.

Good luck. Let us know how they turn out. This has been on my list to try - just need a function for appys.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Fondue Cheesecake Bites by esgunn (Edited ***OK - I jus...)
Thanks for the fast responses! I am trying the garlic/herb and will try to report back on the taste!
  Re: Re: Fondue Cheesecake Bites by Doodle (Thanks for the fast ...)
Welcome Doodle! Glad you signed on. I hope all goes well with your party! Be sure to report back. We like that kind of thing.

And be sure to visit often. You'll find a great group of people here who are very friendly and helpful, lots of fun, and LOVE to cook and share recipes and ideas!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fondue Cheesecake Bites by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome Doodle! Gla...)
Boursin here is the garlic/herb mixture---sure sounds like a great recipe that I'm missing AGAIN!!!

WELCOME Doodle----please pop in again to let us know your result-----YUMMY!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy