Posting recipes from another site?
  Re: (...)
I know I've read all about this somewhere, but how do you know for sure if you can post from a site? I posted a site here in another thread, but I'd like to ask a question about a recipe or two. I guess I could post a link to the recipes, but it would be easier to reference if I could just post the recipes.

Unfortunately, I can not find anywhere on the site about copying. It does have a copyright at the bottom of each page. Does this mean I can't copy/paste? I also see NO contact info on the site to request posting. Advice?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Posting recipes from another site? by Gourmet_Mom (I know I've read all...)
Quote:

How do I protect my recipe?
A mere listing of ingredients is not protected under copyright law. However, where a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a collection of recipes as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection. Note that if you have secret ingredients to a recipe that you do not wish to be revealed, you should not submit your recipe for registration, because applications and deposit copies are public records. See FL 122, [i]Recipes[i].

(Source: U.S. Copyright Office FAQ)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Posting recipes from another site? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
In a perfect world - we would all respect copyright laws on recipes, but once it's on the internet, it's darn near fair game for any and all!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com