Carrot Cake?
  Re: (...)
I won't wait for my question about posting a recipe, I'll play it safe.

I found this recipe for a carrot cake on a website I posted here in another thread. I LOVE carrot cake and had not considered this making a GREAT Easter dessert until now! I'm going to a family style picnic and think this would be something I could take. The "hostess" is "buying" all the picnic stuff and I want to bring something without insulting her. She considers me a "gourmet" so bringing something is tricky. I figured I could make Jean's rolls...if they turn out and this recipe without being insulting. If they don't turn out...no problem...she's not expecting anything anyway!

What do you think? Here's the recipe: John Folse's Easter Carrot Cake Obviously, mine would not look EXACTLY like that...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Carrot Cake? by Gourmet_Mom (I won't wait for my ...)
Daphne - I think it sounds delicious. GO for it.

And what in the world are you doing still awake? It is 11:00 pm here on the west coast - that must mean it is 2am you time. If you dont' go to bed, you will have no energy to make a cake! Go To Bed Woman!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by esgunn (Daphne - I think it ...)
You little ole nightowl!! the recipe looks interesting - I put pineapple in my carrot cake, but have used it as a 'filler'.

I love carrot cake!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by cjs (You little ole night...)
I slept for a little over hours Friday night and rested all day. My week was that exhausting. Soooo.....

I just noticed the pineapple as a filler also. I thought it was IN the carrot cake. I don't care for raisins...I know that's often standard, but I'm one of those people that doesn't like raisins in anything cooked, especially cakes and pies. That's what attracted me to this one to begin with. Jean, would you be willing to share?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by Gourmet_Mom (I slept for a little...)
"but have used it as a " - that's a typo!! it should have said "but haven't used it as a"

I'm with you, I don't add raisins, but I will use currants once in a while. Take a picture!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by cjs ("but have used it as...)
Well how'd the cake turn out???

Looks good to me and Carrot Cake is one of my two favourites! My favourite is surprisingly "Spice Cake" with Cream Cheese Frosting. No one else likes it so in a few weeks when someone gets a bit older he is making his own dang cake and if nobody wants any...oh well all the more for me!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by firechef (Well how'd the cake ...)
I'll have to get back with you on that cake. It looks yummy though doesn't it!?!? I doubt mine will look like that, but I'm gonna give it a try.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to get bac...)
The carrot cake recipe in one of the earliest C@H magazines is my favorite. It shows how to make carrot roses for the decorations.
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by HomeCulinarian (The carrot cake reci...)
I can't wait until I can start getting the volume sets of older issues. Oh, how I wish I'd found this place sooner.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Carrot Cake? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't wait until I...)
I know how you feel!
www.achefsjourney.com