Happy Easter
  Re: (...)
Happy Easter to those who celebrate it - and Happy Spring Sunday to those who don't!

It is Saturday night and I am ironing the kids Sunday Easter church clothes and the Easter baskets are all put together. We are headed to my sisters tomorrow for an easter egg hunt and Easter dinner. I am making dessert. Tomorrow before church I am making an apple pie and after church I am making a Lemon Chess pie and Raspberry compote. Hope it works out. I am about 50/50 on the lemon chess pie. But it always tastes good.

It is funny but my kids will be doing their easter egg hunt with both of my sisters 1 year old grand kids. Amazing how it all works out in families. My mom has 8 grand kids ranging from 6 year to 30 years and 3 great grand kids 1 year and number 4 due on Monday!

Hope you all enjoy a nice spring day. And NO SNOW!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Happy Easter by esgunn (Happy Easter to thos...)
AWWW! Erin! Happy Easter to you too! I miss those days! I have been "fussing" about not doing baskets for the first time in 25 years all day. DH came home tonight and wanted to know if I was making HIM a basket! GEEZ! If only "we" had known! We are not even going to church tomorrow. It's a very child centered service.

While I don't miss the stress, the late night prep getting everything ready led to many a happy day on Easter morning with lots of GREAT pictures! We are going to a picnic tomorrow afternoon where there will be some kids and the opportunity for pics and hiding Easter eggs!

Have fun tomorrow and post pics of egg dying and hunting!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Happy Easter by esgunn (Happy Easter to thos...)
The kids just woke up a little while ago and it was mayhem! Easter baskets, hunting the whole house for eggs! THey had a blast! Hopefully next year they will be 'hunting' outside in the grass. This year there is too much snow.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Happy Easter by luvnit (The kids just woke u...)
The only thing I don't miss about the hullabaloo of Easter is one kid or another ending the day by puking!!

I loved Easter as a kid - it was the only time I could condesend to getting a 'girly' dress.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Easter by cjs (The only thing I don...)
Sounds like you are having a fun day, Erin. Thanks for sharing it with us. We're having a relaxing morning around here before we kick into high gear and start working on dinner. Ron bought a whole ham and we're having the family over for dinner. My MIL and both of my girls will bring sides, so it's an easy day for us.

Our grandbabies will have to look for eggs inside this year since we still have a good amount of snow here. I had so much fun shopping for the "surprise" inside. Besides the usual jelly beans and play jewelry, I bought a bunch of snapitz for their crocs. Also, we made up gift bags with age appropriate workbooks like connect the dots, ABC's, stickers, etc. and some fun new Spring socks for each. Can you all tell I love being a grandmom?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Happy Easter by Mare749 (Sounds like you are ...)
HAPPY EASTER to you all---however you may celebrate the day.

I often reminisce about the Easter egg hunts and the baskets that I would stay up forever putting together---FUN times. Now if only one of our off-spring would produce a grandchild I would be a VERY happy camper!!!! GEEZ!!!!

I did do the Hamantaschen though for Purim before Peter left on his US visit today. That is probably the most important food item on the Purim schedule!!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Happy Easter by Roxanne 21 (HAPPY EASTER to you ...)
Roxanne, I don't think I know what Hamantaschen is. Would you describe it for those of us who don't know?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Happy Easter by Mare749 (Roxanne, I don't thi...)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a radical, but there is a story that we used to discuss in my adult Sunday school class--appropriate for this forum--
Two pilgrims were on the road to Emmaus when they were confronted by a stranger--he was without food and they offered to share theirs with him--much conversation followed and they were in awe of his knowledge---but only when they broke bread together did they realize who He was--then he showed them His hands--and they worshipped. To me the lesson is table fellowship--you cannot minister or really be friends without it. We have that in a very real way in this forum --table fellowship from afar--Happy Easter--enough of that now--I'm going to watch Texas play Miami!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Happy Easter by Old Bay (Don't get me wrong, ...)
Mare---I posted a VERY LONG explanation of Hamataschen previously--I will try to find the post. I think LJ started this with a Purim post----

I'LL BE BACK!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Happy Easter by Roxanne 21 (Mare---I posted a VE...)
Bill, all I can say is, I raise my glass to you and Jane! hope it's a wonderful game.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com